Toronto Emerald Park Condos | 128.92m | 40s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

has there ever been buildings that had zero occupancy fee?

9T6 at 96 Saint Patrick Street by Camrost-Felcorp registered in June, so anyone who took occupancy after starts paying the mortgage right away.

I'm sure 9T6 owners are quite happy about zero occupancy fees =D

on that note I have the impression that 9T6 was not a typical development whereby Camfrost Felcorp in fact started construction before they even started selling the units(because the building was orginally not going to be a condo), is that true?

Before looking into Emerald, I went to the condo right beside Promenade mall... i forgot the name of the condo... but it was right beside the mall on Centre & Bathurst across from T&T... when I asked them the same question, they said they were going for 1 closing as well... so I thought it was a new thing that the developers were doing. The way they put it was that as soon as the drywall goes up or something, they put a request to the city...blah blah blah...

yes the builder can put a request (aka Draft Plan of Condo application) into the City to start the process once the building construction is about 50% completed ... however that does not mean the building will be registered (ie: no occupancy fee) on the day you move in, that is all dependant on how quickly the City condo approval process and the legal paperwork is handled, sometimes there can be unforseen delays

Well~ I was reading the condo document last night and saw couple of things that bothered me.

1. It looks like there is an interim occupancy fee (I was lied to)
2. Proposed date for completion of amenities is Summer of 2012 (commence construction in the fall of 2011). Hence, no amenities available if moved in interim.
3. No visitor parking - P1 & 2 will be commercial and that's where visitors would have to pay and park
4. condo parking starts at P3
5. there is this loading area in level 1 servicing the truck delivery and shipping needs and paying for the salary of this one person may be included as Shared facilities cost.

That's what I can see so far... if found more, I'll post if interested.

Ummer ... my thoughts are:

1. Interim occupany fee can be expected & typical
2. Typically amenities are not completed when you first move in as they are finished last
3. No visitor parking I suppose could be expected at this site given proximity to subway, I suspect Tridel's Hullmark Centre will do that as well later, this would be similar to the arrangement they have at Minto Midtown ... I suppose at more convenient locations you'll have to pay for visitor parking

On a side note, the estimate occupany date of December 2011 on the price list represents a general statement only, on your Agreement of Purchase & Sale a specific estimated occupancy date should be assigned to your particular unit (as higher floors have a later date), take note of this date and if Bazis delays with extensions beyond Tarion limits (24 months I think? please confirm), affected purchasers are would be subject to reimbursements

Well~ I was reading the condo document last night and saw couple of things that bothered me.

1. It looks like there is an interim occupancy fee (I was lied to)
2. Proposed date for completion of amenities is Summer of 2012 (commence construction in the fall of 2011). Hence, no amenities available if moved in interim.
3. No visitor parking - P1 & 2 will be commercial and that's where visitors would have to pay and park
4. condo parking starts at P3
5. there is this loading area in level 1 servicing the truck delivery and shipping needs and paying for the salary of this one person may be included as Shared facilities cost.

That's what I can see so far... if found more, I'll post if interested.

I had the same opinion regarding the No Vistor Parking. But I think that you could probably get your friends to park at Yorkmills or Finch subway parking for free and you can just pick them up. There might be some street parking as well. These are some of the things I was thinking about on how to get around the No Visitor parking.

anyone know the mailing address for emerald park?
what number on Poyntz?

thanks

I had the same opinion regarding the No Vistor Parking. But I think that you could probably get your friends to park at Yorkmills or Finch subway parking for free and you can just pick them up. There might be some street parking as well. These are some of the things I was thinking about on how to get around the No Visitor parking.

Let me get this straight. Your friends are going to drive to a subway stop to park, then you will drive from your building to pick them up? Perhaps said friends could just take (*gasp*) the subway and walk. Then again, no one would have the chance to 'take the car out for a spin.' :rolleyes:

anyone know the mailing address for emerald park?
what number on Poyntz?

thanks

way too early in the process to get assigned a new muncipal address for the condo, that usually happens closer to Site Plan Approval

Let me get this straight. Your friends are going to drive to a subway stop to park, then you will drive from your building to pick them up? Perhaps said friends could just take (*gasp*) the subway and walk. Then again, no one would have the chance to 'take the car out for a spin.' :rolleyes:

Unfortunately some of my friends live outside of the city and do not have access to the TTC.

Actually the agreement and the condo doc says that the address will be 11 Bogert Ave. The entrance will be on Bogert and not on Poyntz.

Back