Toronto Ellie Condos | 105.76m | 31s | G Group | Kirkor

Kirkor’s janky unchained…
I dunno, besides the random angle on the office portion, i think this building has turned out pretty good. I like the wavy precast portion on the base and the large precast piece in the rear looks really good in real life. I may change my mind once the vertical pieces come in at the base, but I personally think those will make it look better.

Today:

a.jpg
b.jpg
c.jpg
d.jpg

I dunno, besides the random angle on the office portion, i think this building has turned out pretty good. I like the wavy precast portion on the base and the large precast piece in the rear looks really good in real life. I may change my mind once the vertical pieces come in at the base, but I personally think those will make it look better.
It's trying to be too many things and not very good or compelling at any, IMO. I will say though I am fascinated by the lengths and breath they went to be different here...

...it just seems to wrap up every opinion ProjectEnd-san has about Kirkor in a nut shell by doing so.

I really like the zig zag awning and the random angle of the office component. I appreciate when a developer at least attempts to make a project somewhat interesting. This has been achieved.
As a side note I hope that office, retail, and residential components can be achieved in more developments overall.

Lots of soot from Diesel Power Generator that's been running for about 3 weeks,....

1719263653701.png

Fugly building. It fits perfectly into the NYCC skyline. :)

Honestly it's not that bad : ) It's better in person those pictures don't do it justice, it's not great don't get me wrong but ... it's not terrible - the podium is, hmm, creative ?

It seems the rental generator is still parked there today. Anybody knows what happened to the building power supply?

I heard the building's Transformer blew last month, they had no electrical power for a whole day,...I assume they're still waiting for parts now.

Are there people living in this building yet? Running on generators...

The last couple weeks when I've gone by there's been absolutely no movement and nobody on site. Almost like it's in limbo...

I guess with limited power supply has stuck this all into maintenance mode.

Back