News   Jul 16, 2024
 267     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 387     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Toronto election sign wars

Re: Some Girls sticker. I enjoyed that!

To live in this town, you have to be tough, tough, tough, tough....shhdoobee.

North end of the Annex here. Mostly Chow, which fades to Tory once you wander into Forest Hill and Rathnally.

22 candidates for councilor, many of whom seem credible. A thriving ecosystem of signs is mushrooming on private lawns and public spaces. Cressy is the only one who has knocked on my door however.

22 candidates for councilor, many of whom seem credible. A thriving ecosystem of signs is mushrooming on private lawns and public spaces. Cressy is the only one who has knocked on my door however.

Cressy's parents knocked on mine. Nice people, too.

Bz_LQkCCUAAIvle.jpg

https://twitter.com/vgedris/status/522359582031900672

OK, so this one's been here for a while....

Attachments

• Bz_LQkCCUAAIvle.jpg
    Bz_LQkCCUAAIvle.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 482
Andray Domise ‏@AndrayDomiseTO
Seeing as our signs are disappearing during the week faster than I can replace them on my own, we need help here in #ward2. #TOpoli

Doug Ford with 2 election sign infractions on warden and st.clair. Someone already reported.

There were two Ford signs in front of the Salvation Army HQ where I work in the morning and when I left, they were gone. I don't think they appreciate being pushed into the election.

The news outlets and the city should do a full investigation on these issues. This is getting out of hand.

Last edited:
The non-Ford signs in my neighbourhood have been pulled out of the lawns.

A few days ago I saw several large Olivia Chow signs ripped to pieces on Dufferin St, south of Eglinton. No doubt it was the work of another Ford Nation lowlife. Just awful.

Last edited:
Could be just vandals "having a good time", because I also noticed a old toilet that was put out for garbage, was also smashed.

On Dufferin too? Thing is, there were tons of signs from other mayoral/council candidates on the same properties, but only the Chow ones were vandalized.

Holy crap, just saw my first Ford sign in my yuppie Trin-Spa street. Too bad the election isn't after Halloween, that's a great sign to see who house NOT to go to for treats.

Who am I kidding, a Ford nation house probably has their kids go trick or treating while their house is in the dark and not giving any candy themselves.

With just over a week before the Oct. 27 election day, Ward 2 council candidate Andray Domise has told his election sign crews to stop asking homeowners if they want a sign on their lawns.

Domise, who is seeking to claim the seat vacated by Mayor Rob Ford’s brother Doug, said he’s concerned for the safety of homeowners showing his sign after what he described as a disturbing number of vandalisms and thefts off of private property.

“I said, you know what, if people are not going to feel safe we’re not going to ask,” said Domise on Friday, Oct. 17. “Unless somebody calls me and asks for one, we’re not going to ask residents to put one down. To me it’s not worth it.”

http://m.insidetoronto.com/news-sto...n-signs-in-the-interests-of-residents-safety/

Back