Toronto eCondos | 195.67m | 58s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

I can't believe how wide the sidewalk would be, looks at least six times bigger than what's there currently. What an improvement it would be and really give some prominence to an increasingly important intersection in the city.

I agree. That is almost as wide as the square across the street.

Also, the rendering is missing the homeless bums who usually are sitting in the area.

Moving on up to Yonge and Eglinton

Earlier this year, when Bazis Inc. unveiled the designs for E Condos, which will feature cantilevered glass-enclosed pools jutting out from the 31st floor of each of two towers, the project caused a global sensation.

“We had people from all over the world calling us, saying what a great idea (the pools were), asking how they will work,†Bazis president Michael Gold recalls. “People are now talking about Toronto, saying look at all the exciting architecture we’re doing here.â€

For Yonge St. and Eglinton Ave., a major intersection that was late to the Toronto condo party, the arrival of this landmark project is a fitting symbol of the residential rebirth the area has been undergoing in recent years.

Although one of Toronto’s more densely populated neighbourhoods, Yonge and Eglinton’s housing options have traditionally tended toward detached and semi-detached homes, or rental apartments built decades ago.
More........http://www.thestar.com/yourhome/real estate/article/1256948--moving-on-up-to-yonge-and-eglinton

LeftCoaster on SSP is stating sales here are very slow and there will likely be a height reduction.

TAAL I cant find that post on SSP.... and the prices are kinda crazy. I love the height though.... I wish theyd keep the height by simply reducing the per square footage price.

a significant height reduction is SAD:( Really was hoping yonge and eglinton would be able to catch up to yonge and sheppard and have some towers which could rival whats going on at yonge and bloor.

The project was simply way too overpriced for Y&E, so it doesn't surprise me. Maybe developers will finally clue in and realize that people aren't willing to pay $700+ PSF for condos outside of Yorkville.

The project was simply way too overpriced for Y&E, so it doesn't surprise me. Maybe developers will finally clue in and realize that people aren't willing to pay $700+ PSF for condos outside of Yorkville.

But isnt Eglinton/Yonge more of a yuppie neighbourhood:confused: I surprised with all the money up there, sales aint better

Last edited:
But isnt Eglinton/Yonge more of a yuppie neighbourhood:confused: I surprised with all the money up there, sales aint better

The money is there, but for every single family home there is a low rent midrise or hi-rise unit to keep it all balanced. Take for instance Soudan: The street has tons of upper-middle class houses between Yonge and Redpath... but every single north/south street connecting Soudan with Eglinton is primarily low and mid rent apartment buildings. Basically my point is that Y&E is a mixed income neighbourhood - unlike nearby neighbourhoods like Forest Hill and Lawrence Park where rentals and apartments in general are uncommon.

Back