Toronto eCondos | 195.67m | 58s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

I'm all for more density in the area but certainly wouldn't be for a condo development occupying that entire block. There's obviously not enough details yet to know exactly which property will be a part of it at this time though.

Oh, I don't know. Someone might want to contact the city councillor for the ward, Josh Matlow, or contact the development company itself. Seems straightforward enough to me but doing that would ruin the endless, and pointless, speculation that all of you seem to enjoy so much. But I guess that communicating with strangers is difficult when there isn't a keyboard to rely on as a crutch.

Ouch - somebody missed nap time.

Oh, I don't know. Someone might want to contact the city councillor for the ward, Josh Matlow, or contact the development company itself. Seems straightforward enough to me but doing that would ruin the endless, and pointless, speculation that all of you seem to enjoy so much. But I guess that communicating with strangers is difficult when there isn't a keyboard to rely on as a crutch.

It is best to just go through and look at the pictures, less fustrating that way.

from postcity.com.....

New Yonge & Eglinton tower could top Minto

Developer proposes to build a 57-storey condo on northeast corner

ANNA SAJECKI

A proposal surfaced last month, which would see a condo higher than the Minto Tower built at the northeast corner of Yonge Street and Eglinton Avenue. Developer Bazis International introduced the news at a meeting attended by Coun. Josh Matlow and representatives from the Sherwood Park Residents’ Association.

“We met with them pre-application, so there’s a lot of room to negotiate before the formal process begins,” said Matlow.

Bazis has bought up several properties at the corner anchored by the TD Canada Trust bank. Matlow said the proposed height of the tower is approximately 160 metres — three storeys higher than the controversial 54-storey Minto development (just south of Eglinton Avenue).

According to Matlow, preliminary discussions have been focused more on Yonge Street and Eglinton Avenue as a whole, rather than solely on the proposed building. “When we discuss one development, we have to consider how the junction works,” he said. A primary concern is establishing an open public space at the intersection, Matlow said, especially since the public square at the northwest corner will be lost as part of the RioCan redevelopment. It is also important to study how the underground LRT and subway stations will be integrated and what retail space at street level should look like.

Matlow has vowed to include local representatives in all discussions. Terry Mills, from the Sherwood Park Residents’ Association, was one local who attended the initial meeting. “We’re involved in the process from the get-go, rather than being introduced to it after all the drawings are done,” said Mills, who supports Matlow’s approach.

According to Mills, all parties were receptive during the meeting — though finding a happy medium is going to be a long process. Matlow agreed: “We, as a community, have an opportunity to consider what boundaries we need to set.”

Michael Gold, North American president of Bazis, declined comment.

I hope thats exactly what we will see here one day. I hope it becomes more then just a residential area and becomes a place for business as well. In the meantime I am happy to see some forward movement in a area which believes that anything past 10 floors is a monstrosity. There is no reason why this area could not become a office area with more jobs then yonge and sheppard.

I can see the entire strip of Yonge between Soudan & Davisville being almost totally redeveloped. It's a bit of a dead zone but really shouldn't be, considering it's proximity to two subway stations and the shopping and entertainment hub at Eglinton.

Shopping? I've lived in the area for the last 14 years and there is not much for me to shop for here.

"A primary concern is establishing an open public space at the intersection,"
Josh Matlow is an idiot. Open public space at the corner doesn't work. Its a wind tunnel.

I hope thats exactly what we will see here one day. I hope it becomes more then just a residential area and becomes a place for business as well. In the meantime I am happy to see some forward movement in a area which believes that anything past 10 floors is a monstrosity. There is no reason why this area could not become a office area with more jobs then yonge and sheppard.

Well according DCN, there is someting cooking with those vacant TTC lands.
So you never know, we still may see some future office space for that area one day.:cool:

OFFICE BLDG
Proj: 9055519-10
Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON
CONTEMPLATED

Yonge St at Eglinton Ave, M6E
$30,000,000 est

Note:
..This project is very preliminary. The project scope is undetermined. Owner's representative is refining concepts for the site with the TTC based on the land requirements for the Transit City Eglinton Crosstown Corridor, report number 9076095. Schedules for design, tender and construction are undetermined pending land use agreements. Further update summer 2012.
Contact at the City of Toronto has not been identified.

Project:
..proposed construction of an office tower with a podium to house retail components. This project will be built on a vacant site above Eglinton Subway station.

Development:...New
Category:....Commercial offices

i hope it doesnt look like this... those towers on the ttc land look like they mght be 35 floors each... 35 floors s what is beng built in scarborough at metrogate or at kipling station. This corner should at least equal hallmark and emerald condos which are both 40+.

Attachments

• 11200_2_yonge2big.jpg
    11200_2_yonge2big.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 388
Well according DCN, there is someting cooking with those vacant TTC lands.
So you never know, we still may see some future office space for that area one day.:cool:

OFFICE BLDG
Proj: 9055519-10
Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON
CONTEMPLATED

Yonge St at Eglinton Ave, M6E
$30,000,000 est

Note:
..This project is very preliminary. The project scope is undetermined. Owner's representative is refining concepts for the site with the TTC based on the land requirements for the Transit City Eglinton Crosstown Corridor, report number 9076095. Schedules for design, tender and construction are undetermined pending land use agreements. Further update summer 2012.
Contact at the City of Toronto has not been identified.

Project:
..proposed construction of an office tower with a podium to house retail components. This project will be built on a vacant site above Eglinton Subway station.

Development:...New
Category:....Commercial offices

I'm fairly confident the city wanted to retain this land to use as a staging ground for the Eglinton LRT; i.e. to store equipment. Implying it probably wouldn't be available until 2020.

I think the plan was always to have office + condos here, hopefully that'll go through. It's not a giant plot of land though, maybe 1 office and a couple condos max.

Bullshit. The north west corner is a large plaza owned by RioCan. It's very popular. In fact, there have been a number of rallies held to save it from being developed into a shopping centre.

I hope you were being facetious. 125 people in one rally does not a protest make. Anyone who has had to cross that plaza to and from their way to high schoool for five years would agree with me. Yonge and Eglinton is a wind tunnel.

Back