Toronto eCondos | 195.67m | 58s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

I'm betting that the super-thin north tower will no longer be super-thin. I think we'll get a normal width building now; the previous plan was practically a single-loaded corridor plan. With the added width from the new property, we will likely get a more typical floor plate.

well with the added width i wish they could bring back the red strip pool to the building from the original concept

Back of the TD building starting to get torn down. You can see it through the gap in the hoarding on Eglinton, where the huge mob of pigeons usually are.

Back of the TD building starting to get torn down. You can see it through the gap in the hoarding on Eglinton, where the huge mob of pigeons usually are.

When I passed by on Monday there was a guy without a crowbar (because, y'know..technology) knocking out all of the windows at TD.

TD building is coming down:

IMG_20141124_083139.jpg

IMG_20141124_083143.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20141124_083139.jpg
    IMG_20141124_083139.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,028
  • IMG_20141124_083143.jpg
    IMG_20141124_083143.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,005
well with the added width i wish they could bring back the red strip pool to the building from the original concept

The red strip pool will still be in the south tower. As for the north tower, we will have to wait for the redesign to see what is coming for it!

Front page story here.

I recall someone saying that they actually WERE keeping that red stripe and pool area. So, you may be in luck.

I think that's for the e8 ( phase 1 ) building under construction which will keep the red stripe pool, but how about the e15 slim one?
Didn't hear any update at all for many months:confused:

I think that's for the e8 ( phase 1 ) building under construction which will keep the red stripe pool, but how about the e15 slim one?
Didn't hear any update at all for many months:confused:

I didn't even know the 2nd tower (I assume you mean the roehampton tower) even had a red stripe pool. If it did, it doesn't appear to now. Also they have added to the lot size for the 2nd tower and my understanding is they are adding more rentals to it, so its massing will very likely change.

Last edited:
As mentioned in 42's post above, the design of the shorter north tower is to be tweaked to fill out the newly enlarged footprint of the site.

Just to clear this up a bit...

"The proposal is to demolish the 3-storey, rental apartment building at 31 Roehampton
Avenue that has 10 bachelor units, 23 one bedroom units and 2 two bedroom units of
mid-range rents. The applicant would replace all of these units by size, type, number and
approximate rent levels in a proposed 34-storey apartment building (down from the 36
storeys previously approved by Council) with 465 units at 25 to 31 Roehampton Avenue.
The applicant has also proposed tenant relocation assistance and will secure the right of
tenants to return."

and

"In addition to the rental housing
demolition application, the proposed new building at 25 – 31 Roehampton Avenue
has been redesigned
"

Source: http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2014/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-71662.pdf

Thanks for the pics. It appears the bank building won't have parking built under it, and will just become the space for the new square?

Back