Toronto Eau du Soleil Condos | 227.98m | 66s | Empire | Richmond Architects

June 18th, 2017

DSC_7704.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_7704.jpg
    DSC_7704.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 591
Update:
Set to become Etobicoke's tallest building, construction is progressing at Eau du Soleil by Empire Communities. Located at 2183 Lake Shore West, Eau du Soleil is situated in the Humber Bay Shores area, with access to Downtown via the Gardiner Expressway or the 501 streetcar. Construction is now six storeys above grade with the 'C-shaped Podium' growing taller.

Thats the first photo really showing off just how wide this building will be.

Personally, I can't wait for it to begin making an impact on the skyline.

These support columns give this building a futuristic look. Good use of modern materials and engineering. This will be a really good looking building. Having balconies on such high floors could be a problem on windy days. The only good thing is that the windows can be cleaned easily from the balcony. I have a condo downtown on Bay street and there are no balconies higher than the 20th floor. So if the window gets dirty you have to wait for the window cleaners on their annual event. Still it's good to have a balcony.

The construction day begins at Eau de Soleil, July 24.

As the structure rises, we will lose our view of Aura. Schade. Some UT denizens will say this is a plus but I have always thought it looks good from a distance! (The greater the distance, the better?) We will still have a view of the downtown core from elsewhere in the condo.

Shot with an iPad. I hope eventually to find my camera after our move.

Last edited:
Shot with an iPad. I hope eventually to find my camera after our move.

We also just moved. Found camera but iPad is awol. Going to lose a great view of the core there.

We also just moved. Found camera but iPad is awol. Going to lose a great view of the core there.

There will still be a view to the CBD, Southcore and the CN Tower from the other end of the unit. Straight ahead are the parks on either side of the mouth of Mimico Creek. To the southwest there is a marina, which seems to an active sailing school at this time if year, so no complaints in the view department.

Good luck finding the iPad!

Back