Toronto Eau du Soleil Condos | 227.98m | 66s | Empire | Richmond Architects

Defo one of my favourite highrises in the city. Kudos to Empire for this one. Nice to see unique roof designs - the slopes look so unique - much like the appeal of the holes in ICE's roof canopy

thumbnail_IMG_7772.jpg

Apparently looks aren't everything:

Read the above. As I thought Empire execution of the above project disappointing to the residents. The potential for a great looking building was there and the cladding is falling. No kidding ! I hope the residents can band together and get Empire to stand behind their project : fix the elevators, fix the plumbing issues and most of all fix the cladding as we don’t want to hear about flying pieces into the street !!!
Again, Beyond the seas, Star Tower, was the potential for a beautiful project and had elevator issues for years before getting fixed.

The writing was on the wall ! Empire tries to build an iconic architectural structure but cannot execute !

Read the above. As I thought Empire execution of the above project disappointing to the residents. The potential for a great looking building was there and the cladding is falling. No kidding ! I hope the residents can band together and get Empire to stand behind their project : fix the elevators, fix the plumbing issues and most of all fix the cladding as we don’t want to hear about flying pieces into the street !!!
Again, Beyond the seas, Star Tower, was the potential for a beautiful project and had elevator issues for years before getting fixed.

The writing was on the wall ! Empire tries to build an iconic architectural structure but cannot execute !
The elevator issues seem to happen on all buildings regardless of who is the builder, same with the flooding, it seems that there is not enough trades people that take pride in what they do especially on the plumbing side, has anyone noticed that when they are in an elevator that there is no name brand on the elevators? When you go to any office buildings you will see Otis, Tyssenkrupp or other companies on the plaque , you never see it on the residential elevators, they are made by the same companies but are a lower grade as builders don't seem to care what happens after they hand over the building.

Board of Directors responded to the article, was not an accurate reflection of EDS and the community ( water issues and other items are being addressed). Article was updated to be more accurate, from what i have noticed in my section of the building and the main lobby area. building is very clean and quiet. i am not saying there are no issues ..I am just saying some items were overblown a bit to be more dramatic.

https://www.blogto.com/real-estate-...-new-toronto-condo-told-not-expect-hot-water/

Just because it's a frequent issue doesn't mean we should normalize it & accept it.

Who says it's acceptable? The point is these things happen rather frequently in new condos so acting like this condo is any different is what I don't agree with. A general comment about floods and elevator issues in condos is one thing. Singling this one out of all the other condos that have the same issues is another.

We're "acting" like this because this condo is the subject of this thread. So naturally, the problems with this condo will take place over others. Same can be said for the article in question linked...

That said, how these problems will be addressed here may set precedents for others. So I am not sure why this is an issue to begin with.

Back