News   Apr 19, 2024
 59     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 733     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 7K     2 

Toronto Eaton Centre

The Latest Scoop has opened in the former Microsoft Store location on Level 1.

A store called Future Tech will be opening across the hall beside Under Armour, in the old money exchange location. I expect it will be yet another TBooth/Wireless Wave type cell phone store that gives the vague illusion of competition.

Boathouse has opened in the former Le Chateau space on Level 2.

Another store called Urban Customz is opening on Level 2, where M Boutique used to be. It is apparently "a UK based vinyl graphics company specializing in vinyl stickers/decals, vinyl printed clothing, custom one off orders, bulk ordering, club merchandise, and business merchandise". Does that mean a custom T-Shirt shop?

Black Owned Toronto will be opening for the holiday season in the former Disney Store location beside Bath & Body Works.

Plus, which sells pre-loved streetwear and shoes has also opened on Level 3.

Sansotei Ramen is opening in the lower level food court.

0ED80087-4841-46C6-A0A6-78ACD5B95A7B.jpeg

The Foot Action store appears to have closed.

Yes, not much action there!

But where will I be able to get some Hot Foot Action now?!

While I enjoyed their sneaker selection more compared to their sister stores, I think the large square footage of the store and shop-in-shops combined with a smaller product selection made it look empty most of the time. I often see lineups at the regular Foot Locker across the hall and at Champs, but FootAction always seemed a lot quieter, even before Covid hit. Plus, Foot Locker has opened their new flagship in the Atrium, so maybe it's just location oversaturation at this point?

In other non-surprising Eaton Centre news, the random cell phone case and accessory store on Level 1 beside GNC has closed.

Moose Knuckles and Urban Customz are now open. In a correction to my previous post, Black Owned Toronto has opened in the former Innisfree space, rather than the Disney Store.

Reiwatakiya, a store specializing in skincare and cosmetics from Asian brands will be opening a location inside Eaton Centre as well.

Thought i'd post this photo from the Toronto Society of Architecture of the Eaton Centre, as Eberhard Zeidler (of the architect firm Zeidler Architecture) past away today. He was 95.

This is when the Eaton Centre actually had character and warmth, and wasnt soul suckingly bone dry thanks to Cadillac Fairview:

FIiMSMWXMAAHQ2R

Thought i'd post this photo from the Toronto Society of Architecture of the Eaton Centre, as Eberhard Zeidler (of the architect firm Zeidler Architecture) past away today. He was 95.

This is when the Eaton Centre actually had character and warmth, and wasnt soul suckingly bone dry thanks to Cadillac Fairview:

FIiMSMWXMAAHQ2R

For the record; good post, I agree w/it.

Just a sad moment.

Back