News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 376     0 

Toronto Eaton Centre

Stopped by the jcrew store yesterday and it was a huge disappointment. The store is tiny and has no sales section. Completely different from what I expected having been to a few of their american stores.

Topman shop is awesome. I was also surprised by the bay, not having been there in a few years, is carrying merchandise on the level of holt renfrew and bloomingdales - APC, Philip Lim, Band of Outsiders, Steven Alan, etc.. very nice stuff.

Stopped by the jcrew store yesterday and it was a huge disappointment. The store is tiny and has no sales section. Completely different from what I expected having been to a few of their american stores.

Topman shop is awesome. I was also surprised by the bay, not having been there in a few years, is carrying merchandise on the level of holt renfrew and bloomingdales - APC, Philip Lim, Band of Outsiders, Steven Alan, etc.. very nice stuff.
I'm hoping J Crew will have sale items/clearance next season.

Quick question.

Does anyone know when the new Richtree will be opening? (seems they've had the hoarding up for an eternity (well more than a year anyway)

Quick question.

Does anyone know when the new Richtree will be opening? (seems they've had the hoarding up for an eternity (well more than a year anyway)

The last update I heard was that they will open November 2012. But I haven't heard anything for a few months.

But November makes sense. Just in time for the holiday season rush.

What's the status of the south food court? It feels like it's been closed forever. I'm guessing they'll want to have it open for the holidays.

The Eaton Centre will be open for business 364 days in 2013, including on Easter Sunday, one of the most sacred days in the Christian calendar.

The centre will remain closed on Christmas Day, Dec. 25.

It will be open on Easter Sunday from noon until 5 p.m.

“Given the multicultural nature of the city of Toronto, many view the current religious holidays as secular,” said Meredith Vlitas, senior marketing director of the Toronto Eaton Centre.

She said the decision to remain open on Easter Sunday was made after extensive consumer research and consultation with tenants.

“We really wanted to make sure that we had a very clear opinion from Cadillac Fairview customers and tenants,” said Vlitas.

The announcement comes on the heels of a recent city staff report recommending that Toronto retailers be permitted to open for business from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on four statutory holidays, namely Victoria Day, Canada Day, Labour Day and Thanksgiving Day.

Toronto has had the power to set shopping hours since 2006. The Eaton Centre is one of several designated tourist destinations that can remain open on those days.

In recent years, the city has been lobbied by mall operators who argue they are at a disadvantage because malls in neighbouring cities can be open.

Vlitas said tenants have been notified that anyone who works the Easter Sunday holiday must receive public holiday pay.

http://www.thestar.com/business/art...ll-be-open-for-business-on-easter-sunday-2013

What's the status of the south food court? It feels like it's been closed forever. I'm guessing they'll want to have it open for the holidays.

Are they actually doing a food court down there? I had gotten the impression that they were going to eliminate it and use it for retail since the north food court is so much larger now.

Are they actually doing a food court down there? I had gotten the impression that they were going to eliminate it and use it for retail since the north food court is so much larger now.

Last I heard, it was all being converted into a larger new concept Richtree restaurant. Presumably the existing tiny Richtree, on the other side of the mall, will be converted to retail. I have no idea if that is still the plan.

Last edited:
Sephora opens today in their new, bigger location (the former Harry Rosen location).

It looks great! The men's section (corner) is still a joke (I don't know why they bother) but apparently the women's line has more than before, getting them up to speed with the U.S. stores (I don't know; that's what I heard).

Browns Shoes are expanding to a larger location on the third floor (next to J Crew) and opening in Jan 2013 while the old location stays open

Last edited:
Browns Shoes are expanding to a larger location on the third floor (next to J Crew) and opening in Jan 2013 while the old location stays open

Is this the old Sephora spot?

Back