Toronto Eaton Centre (Ongoing Renewal) | ?m | ?s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

I am still not positive the puzzle is solved. The inside hoarding shows Uniqlo by the office entrance not the street facing store (rumored apple).

IMG_20160726_055322.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20160726_055322.jpg
    IMG_20160726_055322.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 842
Last edited by a moderator:
The exterior hoarding also has Uniqlo plastered all over it - so the hoarding clarifies absolutely nothing. Though who knows - maybe they're doing the whole men's store and women's store - one on each side of the atrium.

I would be SO happy if they brought back that cylindrical part of the frontage on Yonge... Like, insanely happy!

And would be even happier if that cylinder had a giant apple logo in the middle :)

I guess that's suiting for them. Kinda just looks like corogated cardboard though. They always stash over stock along the upper level windows so atleast this will hide that.

The patchwork monstrosity that is Eaton Centre marches forward. They're also changing the vestibule beside the Roots store into the main galleria; it's covered in solid panels now too, detracting from the transparency of the glass that flows down from the galleria's glass roof. I'm so over the Eaton Centre right now :(

Roots is getting a makeover - I'll miss the curved glass but glad to see this refreshed.
View attachment 82471

Kind of antithetical to their brand's usual association to the great outdoor and openness. That part of Yonge Street receives so little sunlight as it is, I am unsure what motivated a design that makes the store feel more like a bunker than an open space(?)

Back