Toronto Eaton Centre (Ongoing Renewal) | ?m | ?s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

Speaking of Old City Hall and the Toronto Museum (I know it's off topic but I couldn't find a thread) are there any updates as to what that building is going to be used for? Last I heard, talks were stalled around creating a Toronto Museum but I haven't seen any updates since. The new courthouse is open now so I assume they are moving the courts out of the building these days, but is it just going to sit empty for a while?
See: https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/old-city-hall-proposals.6797/page-14 Of course, we have no money .........

also:

A clever use of space that will be vacant for a while - I suspect at least a year, not including reno/fitting for new tenant. They're turning a liability (dead space making the mall look desolate) into an asset (drawing people to the mall to check out this attraction). BTW, I'm SHOCKED that there wasn't a single use of 'massive' in that BlogTO article!

Maybe this exhibit will provide CF management with a solid dose of imagination before they approve more of their drab hacked up "improvements" to the Eaton Centre in the future.

A clever use of space that will be vacant for a while - I suspect at least a year, not including reno/fitting for new tenant. They're turning a liability (dead space making the mall look desolate) into an asset (drawing people to the mall to check out this attraction). BTW, I'm SHOCKED that there wasn't a single use of 'massive' in that BlogTO article!
I walked through it this past Saturday. Despite attempts to gin it up on CFs part, it actually wasn't overly interesting. It's all spread really thin and people weren't exactly stopping to check it out en masse.

I walked through it this past Saturday. Despite attempts to gin it up on CFs part, it actually wasn't overly interesting. It's all spread really thin and people weren't exactly stopping to check it out en masse.
I agree it could have been bigger/better, but it was pretty popular when I went by. I liked how it was reactive. We need more stuff like this.

Forgot to post these from my visit to the mall last week (Nov 1):
IMG_20231101_122637.jpg
IMG_20231101_122640.jpg
IMG_20231101_122650.jpg
IMG_20231101_122853.jpg
IMG_20231101_125413.jpg

I wonder if the people who complained last year about the mall hating Christmas because they didn't put up the tree last year because of the construction will claim that because they complained about it that's why it's back again.
I wouldn't be surprised to see protests when it's lit up as being racist towards one religion.

Back