Toronto Eaton Centre (Ongoing Renewal) | ?m | ?s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

If the building contains non-flammable materials, I don't think fire can travel across.
ever heard of a back draft sometimes even just opening a door in a burning building can cause. I don't relly think there's much problem with the Eaton Centre side as it's wide open to the mall but the Bay side is fairly enclosed especially now as it's when the two sides of the building divide. On one side is the Bay and the other is the American Store something about some street somewhere.

Who is up for an all night party this Friday night???

Starting at 10 pm Friday July 7, Queen St will be close between Yonge & Bay for all traffic and TTC 501 buses. No time frame when it will reopen. It will be after all the bridge work is completed once the bridge is move into position in the wee hours on board 2 flat deck mover that were used to move the TBM over the Spadina Subway on Eglinton. The flat decks are there with the bridge hoisted in the air so work can be completed before the move.

A new steel beam is in place at the Eaton Centre entrance that will be closed to the public until it safe to reopen it.

All the light poles and poles at Alberta and Queen will be remove to allow the bridge to swing around the corner.

As it stand, about 5 feet of the new bridge will be place inside the Hudson Bay Store to allow the Eaton end to be move into position.

Most of the glass is in place and adding the cover plates over the joints as well the underside. Look good.

TTC has no notices up yet for this detour. Look for some mass confusion from people trying to get in/out of the Bay or Eaton Centre on Sat.

Just downloading the photos I shot today and will get a few current shots of the bridge up on site out of order later to night.

Last edited:
July 05
More on site
35706906266_5f9394e3f7_k.jpg

34906118564_42fd2b18e5_k.jpg

34906121004_b647f5d9e1_k.jpg

35359818640_541f2950b1_k.jpg

35706924996_6c639357c0_k.jpg

35359824490_11e9e4caf1_k.jpg

35747258605_9e06babf2d_k.jpg

Do we have a date for the big move? Hoping this is installed next month when I come back to visit!

Who is up for an all night party this Friday night???

Starting at 10 pm Friday July 7, Queen St will be close between Yonge & Bay for all traffic and TTC 501 buses. No time frame when it will reopen. It will be after all the bridge work is completed once the bridge is move into position in the wee hours on board 2 flat deck mover that were used to move the TBM over the Spadina Subway on Eglinton. The flat decks are there with the bridge hoisted in the air so work can be completed before the move.

A new steel beam is in place at the Eaton Centre entrance that will be closed to the public until it safe to reopen it.

All the light poles and poles at Alberta and Queen will be remove to allow the bridge to swing around the corner.

As it stand, about 5 feet of the new bridge will be place inside the Hudson Bay Store to allow the Eaton end to be move into position.

Most of the glass is in place and adding the cover plates over the joints as well the underside. Look good.

TTC has no notices up yet for this detour. Look for some mass confusion from people trying to get in/out of the Bay or Eaton Centre on Sat.

Just downloading the photos I shot today and will get a few current shots of the bridge up on site out of order later to night.

Do we have a date for the big move? Hoping this is installed next month when I come back to visit!

See above.

News Release

July 7, 2017

Closure of Queen Street this weekend for installation of pedestrian bridge

Queen Street between Yonge Street‎ and Bay Street will be closed from 11:30 p.m. Friday, July 7 until 5 a.m.Monday, July 10 for the installation of a new pedestrian bridge at the Hudson Bay Company building. There will also be no access to James Street during this period.

Eastbound traffic on Queen Street will be diverted at Bay Street and westbound traffic on Queen Street will be diverted at Yonge Street.

Pedestrian access will be maintained at all times, however there will be periodic stoppages during crane hoisting work.

The City has a web-based map to help residents and visitors make their travel plans, available at http://www.toronto.ca/roadrestrictions.

This news release is also available on the City's website: http://ow.ly/8czH30dr5GI.

Toronto is Canada's largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. It is a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture and is consistently ranked one of the world's most livable cities. In 2017, Toronto will honour Canada's 150th birthday with "TO Canada with Love," a year-long program of celebrations, commemorations and exhibitions. For information on non-emergency City services and programs, Toronto residents, businesses and visitors can visit http://www.toronto.ca, call 311, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, or follow us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/TorontoComms and on Instagram at http://www.instagram.com/cityofto.

-30-

I don't think I've ever seen a vehicle with that many wheels.
There are 2 of them side by side as well 2 join together as one. They can even be longer as require.

They used the same 2 when they moved the 2 TBM for the Crosstown Line over the Spadina Line. All the wheels can change direction and can be seen it in this video. They were backup the twin decks.

So twelve sets of wheels a side, each with four tires per set. So 96 tires on each one of those, and 2 can be linked together? Cool! Mammoet has some very nifty gear.

Back