Toronto East Harbour | 214.2m | 65s | Cadillac Fairview | Adamson

Does anyone know when the next public meeting is?
You can submit an email or speak to the Exec at Council next week - but that is at the 10,000 foot overview level.

Depending on what your feedback is - and for whom, at the October 2021 meeting the "Engage East Harbour" folks said they would be coming-back to the LAC and the Public in February --- with a working assumption of the MZO in March or April 2022.

That timeline is in the City Council report to next week's Exec meeting = "The Province is targeting Spring 2022 to issue a Minister's Zoning Order (MZO) to provide zoning certainty for this TOC development. The Province has indicated that this timeline is linked to the construction timelines for the East Harbour Transit Hub, which includes station platforms for the Ontario Line and SmartTrack."

1642629526464.png

Sooo,

Negotiations have not wrapped in time for tomorrow's Executive Ctte meeting as hoped.

A supplementary report posted yesterday indicates progress, but many details still to be worked out.

A further report to Executive is now due at the March 30th meeting.

The brief supplementary report can be found here:

In that letter, reference is made to a letter from the Province Infrastructure Ontario), to the City, that letter is attached here:

The latter isn't overly juicy, but does have a couple of things in it:

1643121940720.png

Below, you'll see the province commits to maintaining the level of commercial density contemplated; and there's a further interesting reference which suggests to me that CF may well sell and/or JV portions of this site:

1643122039559.png

From yesterday, VIDEO of my Deputation on EAST HARBOUR, w/ Q & A, and the Councillor stuff with Staff, etc.

Interesting Questions from Councillor's Ainslie and Bailao - and comments from Councillor Fletcher and Mayor Tory... all worth a watch on 1.5X speed... (Timestamp = 04:40:30)

Spacing article about the Soap Factory:

* Note this post is not explicitly about this site, but adjacent lands* I'm not sure if we have an appropriate thread, if so, the Mods can relocate this post as appropriate.

Amir Remtulla has been retained to lobby in relation to a move to expropriate lands north of the East Harbour site currently occupied by BMW and Mini.

What's not clear from this is who is doing the expropriating, for what.

Given that the Broadview Extension will cross these lands, that the Flood Protection Landform will cross these lands, and the Ontario Line will straddle these lands, I'm not sure whose going after what here!

Details for Subject Matter Registration: SM33076​

Decision(s) or issue(s) to be lobbied

The extent of, and impact from, the expropriation of the lands upon which BMW Toronto and MINI Toronto operate. 20 Sunlight Park Road.

Client:

2232556 Ontario Inc. (Mini Toronto)

ParentREG QUINN LTD.

In a report to next week's Executive Ctte we find draft terms between the City, the Province and CF on a TOC development strategy.

http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2022.EX31.5

1648043225429.png

1648043307846.png

1648043411606.png

The Parkland situation has also been addressed:

- Cadillac Fairview will deliver a minimum of 7,000 square metres of parkland, exclusive of the building footprint for the Community Recreation Centre, in two blocks

1648043562629.png

Low-Percentage (5%), Long-Term (99 year) deal on Affordable-Housing at EAST HARBOUR.

Not Bad, not great... our volunteers will lean pretty heavily into the MINIMUM description of that 215 units count.

Now, we really need the Federal Liberals show-up with the mega-dollars to buy-down more Affordable-Housing units here --- since they now have a stable Parliament until 2025.

Last edited:
Wondering if they’ll take a peak at this site. Through, it’s weird that the metaverse is looking for physical offices right?

HQ2_TO_Downtown_Logo.jpg

Well, back when Amazon HQ2 was a thing - the province was pitching EAST HARBOUR as one of the sites.

View attachment 388705

Well, back when Amazon HQ2 was a thing - the province was pitching EAST HARBOUR as one of the sites.
Yuuuup, I remember that too. Ugh. I was feeling way too high on the prospects of Amazon and Sidewalk back then. Definitely had that classic Torontonian “pick me!” energy

Possibly! That or maybe the south in the Portlands or Downsview?
I was wondering about the Portlands maybe- though you’re suggesting south of villiers island right? Anyone know if there’s truth to the idea of a data trunk line that goes along the rail path? I think I heard that when they built the data centre on Parliament. Like there’s some advantage to building that where they did. If so, maybe yeah there’s reason to put tech companies in the area. Facebook in East Harbour, whichever car company was planning a facility on Lake Shore…

Back