Toronto Daniels Waterfront - City of the Arts | 156.05m | 45s | Daniels | RAW Design

DSC:

I don't think this one will move quickly - it will have to go for rezoning, through the WT DRPs and probably get tied up along with the debate over Lower Yonge.

AoD

But why then destroy a property that brings in as much money as the Guvernment / Kool Haas / Chroma / Skybar complex does?

AFAIK their lease was running out, Charles Khabouth and partners tried to buy it but Daniels offered more.

They are planning on renovating/upgrading the Sound Academy to fill the void

DSC:

I don't think this one will move quickly - it will have to go for rezoning, through the WT DRPs and probably get tied up along with the debate over Lower Yonge.

AoD

I certainly hope that any plans for this site will be looked at in relation to the Lower Yonge Precinct Plan discussions but, as others note, it does seem a bit strange to apply for demolition when the current buildings bring in rent and any redevelopment may be quite a few years away.

Coming to WT Design Review Panel on 17 September. They have mixed up the street numbers - it's 132 Queen's Quay and 143 Lakeshore and thus seems to be the whole block.

Meeting #75 September 17th, 2014
WATERFRONT DESIGN REVIEW PANEL
MEETING #75
AGENDA
Wednesday, September 17th, 2014
Waterfront Toronto, Main Boardroom
9:00 a.m. General Business
 Review of the day’s agenda
 Declaration of conflicts of interest
 Review of Minutes
 Chair’s remarks
9:15 a.m. Report from the Corporation
 Report from the CEO and/or the VP for Planning & Design
Project Presentations and Reviews
9:30 a.m. 1. Private Development Proposal: 143 Queens Quay and 130-132 Lakeshore
Schematic Design
Ken Greenberg, Greenberg Consultants Inc.
Roland Rom Colthoff, RAW Design
Ralph Giannone, Giannone Petricone Associates
Claude Cormier, Claude Cormier + Associates
10:55 a.m. Adjournment

130 QUEENS QUAY E
Ward 28 - Tor & E.York District

Phase 1 of a 2 phase development. Phase 1 proposes the construction of a commercial building with a four-storey podium and two towers being 13 and 10 storeys high. The proposal invloves an underground garage with 498 parking spaces and a public park at the corner of Queen Quay Boulevard East and Lower Jarvis Street.
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Site Plan Approval 14 230224 STE 28 SA Sep 30, 2014 Under Review

unsurprisingly, they got their office tenants. I wonder if it is the same tenants that were on the old renders that had to get removed because Daniels complained.

unsurprisingly, they got their office tenants. I wonder if it is the same tenants that were on the old renders that had to get removed because Daniels complained.

huh, what makes you think they got tenants ... this is just the proposal ..

Back