Toronto Daniels Waterfront - City of the Arts | 156.05m | 45s | Daniels | RAW Design

You're assuming you know the motives behind purchasers;

I didn't assume anything since I don't know the buyers unless you know them. Again, i would never buy a car that look like a piece of shxt!

Question, are you a real estate agent or a purchaser in this development? I am only asking because your argument lacks architectural or urban planning credibility, which is the bases of this forum, not defining success on sales.

You can't accept different voices and opinions ?

I personally disagree, buyers saw the models in the presentation center and they signed and sealed the deal. And, there are "hundreds" of buyers see things differently. Would you buy a car that look like a piece of shxt ?

The majority of pre construction units aren't sold to people that take an interest in the look of the models in a sales centre. It's fair to say this building won't pass if it presold to end users over investors and investment plans.

The majority of pre construction units aren't sold to people that take any interest in the look of the models in a sales centre. It's fair to say this building won't pass if it presold to end users over investors and investment plans.

Again, the look doesn't bother me and i do like it and there is nothing wrong with that. I rest my case. .

You can't accept different voices and opinions ?
I totally can, but there is a very big difference between an option and educated criticism.

You come across as very defensive and clearly are pretty invested in the building. I was only guessing you're a purchaser or agent trying to justify your decision. You are clearly the minority here when it comes to positive reviews of the cladding to-date. Simply look to the east to see stronger glass tower execution (aka. Mode).

Now you are making assumptions and clearly being defensive on different voices and opinions. i have already stated in the above, i don't know any buyers (inclusive) Just move on.

Again, the look doesn't bother me and i do like it and there is nothing wrong with that. I rest my case. .

Your opinion is not relevant to my reply to your post that units are sold to buyers visiting models in sales centre. I will add that I respect your opinion on this building. I don't have to agree there's nothing wrong with that opinion since you brought that up.

The majority of pre construction units aren't sold to people that take an interest in the look of the models in a sales centre. It's fair to say this building won't pass if it presold to end users over investors and investment plans.

You have data to back that up though? Specifically to the Lighthouse Towers? I'm definitely curious as I hear this statement thrown around so much that I'm beginning to question it. :)

I think the fault many, including myself, find in this isn't so much that it's 'simple' per se, but that the execution is *so* cost-conscious and ham fisted that it just comes off as cheap and lazy. The capital costs of true architectural simplicity are extraordinary which is why we rarely see it done right. Here, Daniels are just nailing some 'Schrute Yellow' spandrel on a rectilinear form with little thought or care to the outward expression or architectural legacy of the project.

And that's not just me and others saying that online, the architect has publicly claimed the same.

Is it gaudy, or Gaudi?

As to simplicity - the execution of the window wall is anything but that, with the haphazard look of the mullions. There is also nothing particularly simplistic about the building that couldn't use the primary building envelope to express/hide itself and have to resort to the balconies to do so.

AoD

I personally disagree, buyers saw the models in the presentation center and they signed and sealed the deal. And, there are "hundreds" of buyers see things differently. Would you buy a car that look like a piece of shxt ?

Everything in the core is selling like hotcakes, especially by the water. I mean, this was marketed as a luxury project by the water, it sold out for that reason.

20181108_171850.jpg
20181108_171646.jpg
20181108_170636.jpg
20181108_165410.jpg
20181108_165112.jpg

Back