Toronto Cumberland Square | 253.92m | 75s | KingSett Capital | Giannone Petricone

What's the really tall one in the center? I've never heard of it and there is no thread for it.

By the way, my banker's son's friend's step-sister told me 1 Bloor (my favorite project of all time) is cancelled...!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!1!1!

;)

that one is ....

Oooo wait, you're shitting me here !! and I was gonna respond to that one ... LOL :D

2928667527_a38b8a9fd4_o.jpg

Plan is to include street related retail that actually opens up to the street (rather the like the current internal mall). Oxford wants to put as much activity as they can on the street and active the facades of the building. There will be extensive landscaping, boulevard treatment and expanded sidewalk widths on Cumberland Street.

An issue Oxford faces is the subway tunnel which occupies most of the below grade across the site which is why the parking will be on the floors above the retail space and below the residential towers. A new TTC entrance with an elevator will be installed running from street level down to the tunnel to Bay Station to improve accessibility. A second public meeting will be held in November.

Holy shit, it's gorgeous. It really says "I mean business". Could be in a European city's luxury district or something... and if that's the feel I get from something, I LIKE it! :)

Hah! It looks just like the Four Seasons!

Not a bad thing though, it looks great!

Heh. The black sections on the podium and the massing of the podium reminded me of it. Ah well :rolleyes:

nice rendering ... thanks Mike ~

seems like the 'west tower' has some sort of Sky-Lounge halfway up the building ....

I see 1BE w/ fins are poking out in the background ... and what appears to be Uptown on the right ??

I think the 'villas' are a very neat idea on the western portion of the site atop the podium ... should be nice living there me thinks ...

This is beautiful and way too late in the cycle. I don't think its going to get built given the events in the last few weeks.

Sorry just a little confused - does this involve demolishing one of the two office towers at Yonge and Bloor?

Back