Toronto CrystalBlu Condos | ?m | 36s | Bazis | Burka

I would suggest a Zeppelin mooring mast, but ersatz art deco might go better on the Uptown.

Yes, and we're all still recovering from the NY towers fiasco.

Too bad it's not the curvy blue building that Miami's BLUE is:

p1.jpg

http://www.zilbert.com/blue_condominium/blue_condominium.asp

^
What a huge hulking mess. It looks like a certain (now cancelled) project in Toronto by True North Properties.

Re: CrystalBlu redesign.....This just in.

Meh, this one seems to be progressing enough for my list. I'm moving it from "proposed" to "in sales" even if that's not technicly true yet.

EDIT: While updating the list I was just noticing how big the residential tower boom is.

Looking at completed residential towers, CrystalBlu would be the 8th tallest in the city:
[Manulife, HVE II, Palace Place, Palace Pier, Empire Tower, Leaside Tower I & Leaside Tower II]

When adding in towers under construction, it falls to 16th:
[Quantum II, RoCP I, West One, Murano South, Spire, Montage, College Park II & The Met]

And when adding in other towers in sales, it drops all the way to being the 22nd tallest residential tower in Toronto:
[MLSE Tower I, MLSE Tower II, The Uptown, Casa, X Condominiums & Verve]

How happy would most other cities be if they were getting their 8th tallest residential tower? And here we are in a situation where today's 8th tallest is tomorrow's 22nd tallest.

This boom is crazy I say.

With two rendering floating around we're not really going to know which it is until the sales centre opens with all the floor plans.

The rendering in their ad in the latest Condo Life mag shows the rectangular rather than the curved building, so I would tend to assume the former rendering is out of the picture now.

Is this going to be RIGHT BESIDE the Uptown tower? If so, it would suck to have a unit in either tower looking right at the other one. People pay big money to have a view, and many of them probably won't have much at all.

Forgive me, I'm still unsure of where this building is proposed to be built. Is it at Bloor on north end of Balumuto (where the Scotia Bank currently sits) or south of the Uptown Condo project?

South of the Uptown.

Thank you Ed :)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that CrystalBlu will block a portion of southern Uptown views, and the student residences on Charles St. will block about 20 floors of southern views from CrystalBlu. South providing premium views from that location.

It's on the site of that stucco building which the Uptown caved in atop of...

I believe that has also been torn down now. Those are pretty small parcels of land for two large buildings so close together.

Really fuels that 80s NYC "sliver building" experience...

CystalBlu has built a sales office on Balmuto St., looks like it will be ready to open in the next couple of weeks. It sits on the site where Balmuto's Bar & the language school used to be directly north of the Charles Street Promenade mall.

blu5.jpg

blu4.jpg

blu1.jpg

Back