News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.7K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 386     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 959     1 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Does anyone have a comparison of the cost of an average underground Crosstown station versus the bigger and more opulent York Spadina subway extension stations?

Does anyone have a comparison of the cost of an average underground Crosstown station versus the bigger and more opulent York Spadina subway extension stations?
Given the construction context, I doubt there are many points of comparison to make a cost comparison helpful. Many of the Crosstown stations are being constructed in difficult contexts with adjoining buildings needing to be underpinned, plus two interchanges with existing tunnels. What would the TYSSE equivalent of the Salvation Army premises re-building be?

Don't assume that just because it isn't remedied, it hasn't been noted or examined. Five years is a long time, but even so - the cost of five years' wasted energy versus the cost of a day's delay in the project - I'm content if they are simply letting this one stand while they attack other things.

- Paul
Doubtful haha, the TTC finally fixed the lights at leslie and they're on 24/7 don't want to look the gift horse in the mouth and complain though

View attachment 548843View attachment 548844

I wonder if they'll ever address this difficiency. These 4 lights have been perpetually on 24/7 ever since they were installed about 5 years ago. Ice raised this to ML before via their X page but theve never looked into it... 🫠
I assume the tunnel lights will always be ON and this is considered part of the tunnel for daylighting.

I think they stagger the openings to try and extend the much needed good press.
Though the proverbial "big bang" opening would be quite something too.
Two ribbon cuttings on one day! Local news will be drooling all over that free content. "Doug Ford transforms transit in Toronto!"

Of course, you then run the risk both lines have massive tech issues after the startup like Ottawa did, but then he's carefully setup Verster to take the fall for that. Perfect little contract extension.

The only form of staggered opening you'll see is between the openings of the Crosstown West project and the core Crosstown project. Asides from that, there will be no staggered opening.
as long as they dont hold back a either of the lines to open just for political browny points. that would be criminal

Back