News   Aug 30, 2024
 2.6K     2 
News   Aug 30, 2024
 2.4K     0 
News   Aug 30, 2024
 608     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

One of the underappreciated positives of this line will be significantly improved access to Sunnybrook and ET Seton park. Especially given how overcrowded the island ferries are.
....I dont think the Eglinton Crosstown will relieve the Island ferries or will serve as an alternative to people visiting the Toronto Islands.

....I dont think the Eglinton Crosstown will relieve the Island ferries or will serve as an alternative to people visiting the Toronto Islands.
I think what he means is that it will allow people to use Sunnybrooke Park as an alternative transit accessible greenspace to the Toronto Islands.

Frankly, we need better access to Sunnyside and the Humber river area.

If drivers get to keep the Gardiner, the least we could do is get the waterfront west line moving pronto, and give better access to all of that parkland.

If drivers get to keep the Gardiner, the least we could do is get the waterfront west line moving pronto, and give better access to all of that parkland.
where was it supposed to run? The plans seemed to change every revision

The only plan I know of that was approved EA wise in 2010 for building the Lake Shore West Line that was part of moving the Lake Shore further north with the LRT in the middle. Until all the bridges are rebuilt over the Gardiner and the rail corridor, you cannot look at the Lake Shore until then. Then, where is the money for it??

The City has kill the idea of the Queensway LRT.

Other than that, no idea where you are going to find funds and lines to do what you want.

I really don't think Sunnybrook Park and the Islands are in competition with one another 🤣
All parks and greenspaces are in effect competing with each other, and its not necessarily a bad thing either. If you want to go out on a weekend to get some fresh air in some park or trail, all of the various options are in essence competing with each other and your time. Connecting these options with rapid transit simply opens up more options to more people. Obviously they all have things and amenities the others don't have, so they might not each be one-to-one comparisons, but they all exist to fulfill a very similar purpose, just in different ways.

Today if you live along an RT line, you can either get to Union to ride the ferry to the Toronto Islands, or you can take Line 2/501 to High Park or Humber River Trail, and now you can take Line 5 to Sunnybrooke Park and walk to Edward Gardens at Lawrence. More options like these will inevitably divert/modify traffic to each of these places, even if the experience isn't 1 to 1.

Eglinton Crosstown LRT​

Construction Notice
5692fa05-39ce-4499-beba-e6034a51172c.png

Electrical Connections Continuing on Yonge Street and Eglinton Avenue​

Through late-August 2024​

996e4721-afc9-f6da-cf29-5274cc899670.png

Project Overview

Metrolinx’s Eglinton Crosstown LRT will be a new 19-kilometre light rail transit line in midtown Toronto. With 25 stations and stops along the dedicated route, getting across town will be up to 60% faster than before. The Crosstown will link to 54 bus routes, three TTC subway stations and GO lines, providing important transit connections to get people to where they need to go faster than ever before.​

What You Need to Know​

Ongoing through until approximately late-August 2024, crews at Eglinton Station will be continuing with electrical connections on Yonge Street and Eglinton Avenue. Electrical connections will include cable pulling and splicing which is the process of joining two cable ends together. To facilitate this work safely, short-term periodic lane reductions will be required on Yonge Street and Eglinton Avenue. One lane of traffic in each direction will be maintained at all times. Temporary pedestrian rerouting may be required during this work. Access to properties will be maintained at all times. This work is expected to take place from Monday – Sunday between approximately 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.​

WHAT TO EXPECT

• Crews will be performing electrical connections on Yonge Street and Eglinton Avenue East.​

• Noise from construction activity can be expected.​

PEDESTRIAN DETAILS
  • Temporary pedestrian rerouting may be required during this work.​

HOURS OF WORK

• Ongoing through until approximately late-August 2024.​

• This work is expected to take place from Mondy – Sunday between approximately 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.Access to TTC will be maintained at all times.​

TRANSIT INFORMATION

• Access to TTC will be maintained at all times.​

• Please visit www.ttc.ca for more information.​

TRAFFIC DETAILS

• Short-term periodic lane reductions will be required on Yonge Street and Eglinton Avenue.​

• One lane of traffic in each direction will be maintained at all times​

I saw a worker from Kone elevators going into Leaside Station yesterday morning. I hope this is suggestive of readying the line... though I would not be surprised if it was time for preventative maintenance on these unused elevators!

Back