News   May 10, 2024
 2K     2 
News   May 10, 2024
 3.2K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.4K     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

The McDonald's at Bayview and Eglinton is now closed.

The suburban nature of Bayview and Eglinton is gross, considering it is a good location. Large parking lots in front of the retail with huge setback. Completely car dominated.

To be fair the McDons went right to the street. 2 of the four corners of the intersection have buildings and retail going right to the sidewalk, its just the north side thats pretty bad. (well, the McDons wasn't the best, but it wasn't horrid either)

I used to support the ECLRT, but seeing that I won't be able to get my McFlurries any more, I'm thinking that I may have to withdraw my support :p

Wait, it gets worse. Mr. Sub at Laird and Eglinton is closing today! I'll be going for a final assorted soon. I was there for the first day in '81, and I'll drop in on the last day, today. I must have eaten 1000 subs there over the years. Between Mr. Sub and McDonald's at Bayview a lot of late night snacks; memories. Oh well, onward and upward.

What's a North Leasider like me supposed to do for fast food now? End of an era but I'm excited the Eglinton Crosstown is moving forward. Now if we can just get them to stop the coffee truck from honking so loud at the East TBM launch site. Sounds like he's in my driveway - not 200m away.

I used to support the ECLRT, but seeing that I won't be able to get my McFlurries any more, I'm thinking that I may have to withdraw my support :p

Forget the McFlurries, where will I get my morning hash browns now?! :mad: Curse you, ECLRT!

Tim Horton's moved in across the street.

They have hashbrowns and Creamy Chocolate Chills.

^^ The staff at the new Tims is really friendly (they are former coworkers of mine), and the location definitely has a neighbourhood restaurant vibe to it. Do check them out. :)

For a McDonald's it was pretty nice. What's next, 2nd Cup at Mt Pleasant closing?

Transit destroying our neighbourhood! (joking obviously)
I don't like that the 2nd Cup is going to become the station entrance. It should be a heritage site and ideally facadectomied into a new condo building. The corner retail space preserved and the station entrances be put up where the Churrasco and Hero Burger are.

I worry that the beautiful building will be turned into a station entrance dump like the Yonge Street entrance of College Station.

^^ The staff at the new Tims is really friendly (they are former coworkers of mine), and the location definitely has a neighbourhood restaurant vibe to it. Do check them out. :)

I don't like that the 2nd Cup is going to become the station entrance. It should be a heritage site and ideally facadectomied into a new condo building. The corner retail space preserved and the station entrances be put up where the Churrasco and Hero Burger are.

I worry that the beautiful building will be turned into a station entrance dump like the Yonge Street entrance of College Station.

Hopefully not. The Walmer entrance of Spadina Station, which is a heritage structure, has been well maintained.

You would favour a coffee chain over one of the best Churrasco places in the City?

The Second Cup, the Hero Burger and the shop north will all be closed. The station entrances aren't just a stair case. They have escalators, elevators, and massive vents. Some have bike parking or power sub-station in them too. They have a fairly large footprint.

Last edited:
You would favour a coffee chain over one of the best Churrasco places in the City?

The Second Cup, the Hero Burger and the shop north will all be closed. The station entrances aren't just a stair case. They have escalators, elevators, and massive vents. Some have bike parking or power sub-station in them too. They have a fairly large footprint.
I thought Churrasco was next to 2nd Cup. Turns out it is Imbiss.

I don't have much faith in those stores returning though.

Back