399     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 556     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 565     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

From the Crosstown Interchange report for the TTC Board meeting:
upload_2018-3-14_12-37-12-png.137322

I wonder if this means that they'll now be able to keep the existing (45 year old) centre pocket track north of Eglinton Station on Line 1. It would be nice for operational flexibility.

Interesting that the shift North is being so drastically reduced, also am I reading this right that Eglinton West (Cedarvale) is not going to have an Elevator that takes you from the Subway to LRT Platforms?
You have a sloped walk way at the south end of the existing Subway Platform that takes you to the LRT concourse - from there two separate elevators go down to the LRT platform.

Also seems they have learned nothing with the Crosstown being directly at the end of the Subway Platform with what appears to be a very narrow Centre Platform.
Dislike
Given the type of construction and the limitation of adjacent property lines - creating a larger centre platform at any station would be difficult. The station boxes are right up against adjacent properties and likely as wide as possible. St. George (for example) was not confined by such an arrangement and could have been built with wider platforms. As you pointed out, the main problem - which i think will be worse than Bloor Yonge is now if there are crush loads - is a two trains will unload to a centre platform at the LRT level and then you have to climb up to another centre platform for the Yonge Line at primarily ONE location.

I would have liked to have seen an extension of the LRT concourse so that you could pop a second access point to the platform form below to the south (yes big bucks i know).

And once again people will be prompted to move further down.
It will be worse, IMO, as you have two directions of trains on a single centre platform that isn't much wider than one of Bloor Yonge's side platforms. This station will quickly become the new death trap that is Bloor Yonge at rush hour.

It will be worse, IMO, as you have two directions of trains on a single centre platform that isn't much wider than one of Bloor Yonge's side platforms. This station will quickly become the new death trap that is Bloor Yonge at rush hour.

Most people coming from the west will get on the Spadina line if they are heading to the Financial District. I would expect the eastbound trains to arrive at Yonge fairly empty.

Is there a crossover for Spadina north of Eglinton West? It doesn't make sense for trains to turn back at St Clair West after this is built.

Congrats to the TTC for making yet another boneheaded, and to put it bluntly, stupid decision. Why they came up with this half-baked "compromise" is beyond me.

Isnt this the same organization that came up with this chart below, but yet they seem intent on making the problem even worse at Eglinton:

YUS Subway Demand.jpg

Attachments

• YUS Subway Demand.jpg
    YUS Subway Demand.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 541
Congrats to the TTC for making yet another boneheaded, and to put it bluntly, stupid decision. Why they came up with this half-baked "compromise" is beyond me.

Isnt this the same organization that came up with this chart below, but yet they seem intent on making the problem even worse at Eglinton:

View attachment 137511

Is it even a TTC thing, or is it a proposal from the consortium?

AoD

Is it even a TTC thing, or is it a proposal from the consortium?

AoD
Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but my impression from reading the report is that Metrolinx (through the consortium) is responsible for the design of the interchange but it is subject to the TTC board approval. Ultimately, it lies with the TTC to express concerns with the design and clearly it appears they didnt.

Do I smell the Spanish Solution?

View attachment 137520

The fact that none of these transfer stations are being built with the spanish solution in mind baffles me. We already know ridership is going to be higher than Sheppard's but for some reason, we want people to fall on tracks and spend 3 minutes at a station offloading and another 2 minutes loading people.

Also, how the hell are they going to handle checking POP at this station?

Also, how the hell are they going to handle checking POP at this station?

Ah, I assumed that the long corridors for transfers were so they could install Presto gates or put fare inspectors :p

Back