News   May 13, 2024
 363     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 760     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 679     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

I don't really get why it matters what colour they are. At this point I would rather know who is building them then what colour they are.

Most likely Bombardier. Starting over would most likely delay the opening of the line. If anything, they started to get more productive and got their act together when the city and province started to make noise. The legal battle is a huge "wake up Bombardier" as they were nonchalant up until now

Most likely Bombardier. Starting over would most likely delay the opening of the line. If anything, they started to get more productive and got their act together when the city and province started to make noise. The legal battle is a huge "wake up Bombardier" as they were nonchalant up until now
I think it's more Bombardier is saying to Metrolinx if you want to play with the big boys don't except for us to lie down for you. The fact that Metrolinx keeps trying to drag the TTC Streetcar problems into it is ridiculous. The only ones that need a wake up call is Metrolinx they said they wanted the prototypes delivered and now they say that they want to cancel the contract. I don't think that it's a really good way to say to other companies that they want to buy from them.

Were talking about opening up bidding for rolling stock, and I mentioned BBD instead of the bombarider main company. BBD is a german subsidiary.

W.K. Lis posted a non-sequitur that he thought was witty about the new cars being assembled here but sourced from elsewhere. My post was in response to that, and nothing more.

To be specific, Bombardier Transportation is a German company. Bombardier is Canadian.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

I think it's more Bombardier is saying to Metrolinx if you want to play with the big boys don't except for us to lie down for you. The fact that Metrolinx keeps trying to drag the TTC Streetcar problems into it is ridiculous. The only ones that need a wake up call is Metrolinx they said they wanted the prototypes delivered and now they say that they want to cancel the contract. I don't think that it's a really good way to say to other companies that they want to buy from them.

The really fun part is if Metrolinx does manage to cancel the contract and buy LRVs from someone else, I expect Bombardier to add a $200M+ change order on the maintenance contract for Eglinton Crosstown.

http://www.canadianmanufacturing.co...linton-crosstown-maintenance-contract-151894/

It's too bad, Crosstown construction has already started, whereas FWLRT was able to have a contract option put in to supply vehicles. I'm willing to bet they stick with Bombardier for Eglinton, on what vehicles they are able to deliver. Or at least supplement the line with whomever supplies vehicles on FWLRT until the full vehicle requirement for Eglinton is met, prioritizing all vehicles for Eglinton and delaying operation on Finch.

Back