News   Jul 19, 2024
 828     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 3.7K     7 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

If it got reused for future projects like Finch I guess it might be justifiable. My main beef with these apps is they tend to be "one-shot" rather than co-ordinated into a curated family of apps.

That said, it's all very well to say "use Google" but there seem to be persistent issues with coordinating data with third party providers, especially when changes are made at short notice. Look at how 509 nextbus is screwed up because the Ex loop closure was extended after the board period update was finalised.

even if google exists a company, as big as the TTC, should have its own app. That's just my opinion but as much as I use Google for lots of things I would prefer to use a dedicated app.

even if google exists a company, as big as the TTC, should have its own app. That's just my opinion but as much as I use Google for lots of things I would prefer to use a dedicated app.
TTC decided not to waste any money since they know everyone could do a better job.

I'm not here to defend the cost of this app but there are way worst things ML wasted their money on than this app. It doesn't cost millions to make an app but it does for construction mistakes and presto problems.

The app was developed by Crosslinx... which is, you know, the private sector, where all of the financial problems are supposed to magically disappear...

The app was developed by Crosslinx... which is, you know, the private sector, where all of the financial problems are supposed to magically disappear...

seriously, whats the point.... the website is already sufficient enough and people who regularly travel those routes should know after the 2nd time anyways. In the grand scheme paying 1 or 2 techies to develop this isnt much but it may serve as
an indicator on the management of the construction as a whole, which so far isnt looking that great.

On another note they started installing new light poles in the Don Mills area. Are those temp which permanent ones coming in later because theyre just wooden posts with a light attached......

Back