News   Jul 16, 2024
 491     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 538     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 670     2 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

I don't understand why construction has to be halted throughout the entire Crosstown because of something that happened at one station site.

Typical bureaucratic overreaction bullshit really....station sites should be treated as separate construction sites especially those that dont require nearby demolition. Sure they can go inspect them individually for safety but to
stop construction on all of them is seriously jumping the gun. Thanks to this we might see the crosstown get delayed another 6 months to a year.....

Typical bureaucratic overreaction bullshit really....station sites should be treated as separate construction sites especially those that dont require nearby demolition. Sure they can go inspect them individually for safety but to
stop construction on all of them is seriously jumping the gun. Thanks to this we might see the crosstown get delayed another 6 months to a year.....

I read a news report about it this morning that said the other sites should only be down for a day.

From this link:

Work at other demolition sites along the Eglinton Crosstown project resumes today after a building collapse at the Bathurst and Eglinton site sent seven people to hospital Monday, three of them with serious injuries.

All demolition work along the line was temporarily suspended immediately after the building facade and construction scaffolding on the former House of Chan restaurant collapsed just before 2:30 p.m. Monday.

“As a result of the incident at Forest Hill Station, and with an abundance of caution, Crosslinx temporarily suspended work at other demolition sites along the Eglinton Crosstown project,” Metrolinx spokesperson Anne Marie Aikins said in an email on Tuesday.

“Work at those other sites will be resuming today,” Aikins said. “The incident at Forest Hill Station remains under active investigation by the Ministry of Labour.”

thats good news for the rest of the line. Though I hope they won't delay the opening the line to allow for forest hill to catch up in the even the investigation drags on for months like at york university.....

thats good news for the rest of the line. Though I hope they won't delay the opening the line to allow for forest hill to catch up in the even the investigation drags on for months like at york university.....

York had a fatality of a construction worker involved in the construction process. While this collapse was obviously a very serious incident, nobody died--that makes a difference.

York had a fatality of a construction worker involved in the construction process. While this collapse was obviously a very serious incident, nobody died--that makes a difference.
Talking to people using similar equipment to what toppled at York, I heard that what happened at York just shouldn't have happened, simply because they just shouldn't have been doing what they were doing, when it toppled. So it comes down to gross incompetence.

Even, if this is gross incompetence, it's just the demolition sub, who can quickly be replaced. Not that there appears to be much more to demolish at that site ...

buy they could have. The construction of stations has just started and this happens. Does that inspire confidence in the construction?

Talking to people using similar equipment to what toppled at York, I heard that what happened at York just shouldn't have happened, simply because they just shouldn't have been doing what they were doing, when it toppled. So it comes down to gross incompetence.

Even, if this is gross incompetence, it's just the demolition sub, who can quickly be replaced. Not that there appears to be much more to demolish at that site ...
what does that say about the contractor who hired the subcontractor?

In better news Dennis hits Duplex so its work is almost done.

Screen Shot 2016-04-19 at Tuesday Apr 19, 2016 1.22.42 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-19 at Tuesday Apr 19, 2016 1.22.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-19 at Tuesday Apr 19, 2016 1.22.42 PM.png
    687.3 KB · Views: 617
^I keep looking out my balcony at Yonge & Davisville trying to determine the source of some all hours noise. Nothing special going on in the ttc yard. I guess it is probably Dennis I am hearing?

^I keep looking out my balcony at Yonge & Davisville trying to determine the source of some all hours noise. Nothing special going on in the ttc yard. I guess it is probably Dennis I am hearing?

Definitely not. If you lived on a lower floor of a building adjacent to the TBMs you'd hear something, but Davisville is way too far.

Back