2.1K     3 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

At Oriole now in the west

oriole.JPG

Attachments

• oriole.JPG
    oriole.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,190
Does Metrolinx show it on their site which stations have been designed to accommodate a condo on top?
The short answer is none. If you look at the stations they all have different designs of, typically, single storey buildings. Condo developers could build around the stations and get some direct connections to the stations, but right on top seems very unlikely.

The short answer is none. If you look at the stations they all have different designs of, typically, single storey buildings. Condo developers could build around the stations and get some direct connections to the stations, but right on top seems very unlikely.

Why does sixrings, in his post say the station at Bayview and Eglinton was designed to accommodate development on top? Did I not read the post correctly?

Why does sixrings, in his post say the station at Bayview and Eglinton was designed to accommodate development on top? Did I not read the post correctly?
Because Sixrings is correct. CoopENG is correct that there are places such as the east exit of Cedervalle station which will be small so they can build a condo around it on what was formerly the green p lot or the oakwood station beside it on the green p lot. However certain stations like Yonge and Eglinton as well as bayview on the south side have been designed for development on top. It is in the videos and I am sure I read it in various places.

Because Sixrings is correct. CoopENG is correct that there are places such as the east exit of Cedervalle station which will be small so they can build a condo around it on what was formerly the green p lot or the oakwood station beside it on the green p lot. However certain stations like Yonge and Eglinton as well as bayview on the south side have been designed for development on top. It is in the videos and I am sure I read it in various places.
well that's why I asked where would I find this information

The video is on the website. Sorry I'm writing on a BlackBerry. Its too hard to find with my limited web browser.

So this is probably a very naive question, but can one actually feel the tunnellers working on the surface?

Back