News   Jul 19, 2024
 826     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 3.7K     7 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Has the western terminus for this line ever been decided yet? I remember it's been in limbo between Black Creek, or potentially somewhere closer to Weston or Jane, but based on the maps it seems like it'll be Black Creek now which seems to me like an incredibly lost opportunity to connect with a future GO station (and potential UPX station) at Weston/Eglinton.

Does anyone know of anything regarding this?

Assuming that there will be practically zero population and employment growth along Eglinton between 2006 and 2031 seems systematically biased to me.
Looking at the report, it forecast a 22% populatoin increase in the area along Eglinton that includes Renforth station. It's also showing large population increases at Yonge-Eglinton. And it's also showing employment increases.

I think you are over-analyzing this with a view to find bias.

Has the western terminus for this line ever been decided yet? I remember it's been in limbo between Black Creek, or potentially somewhere closer to Weston or Jane, but based on the maps it seems like it'll be Black Creek now which seems to me like an incredibly lost opportunity to connect with a future GO station (and potential UPX station) at Weston/Eglinton.

The Western terminus will be Mount Dennis, which connects to a future GO/UPX station.

http://www.thecrosstown.ca/the-project/stations-and-stops/mount-dennis-station

Reactions: BMO

I'm wondering what makes you worry. Mount Dennis is the end of the line, next to the maintenance facility. The station will be at the same grade as Eglinton Avenue when it crosses under the GO/UP and CPR tracks.

Is it too soon to start making the case for a new TTC Airport Rocket express
route from the Mount Dennis hub along Eglinton and into the airport, making the same stops as the 192 Rocket?

- Paul

I'm wondering what makes you worry. Mount Dennis is the end of the line, next to the maintenance facility. The station will be at the same grade as Eglinton Avenue when it crosses under the GO/UP and CPR tracks.

To be honest I was a bit ignorant and was under the impression the station was the structure being built at the South-East Corner of Black Creek Dr/ Eglinton. This Terminus is actually quite good and what I was hoping for. I imagine UPX will connect as well as regular GO...Maybe John Tory can keep his Transit Plan to the airport without spending a cent!

Is it too soon to start making the case for a new TTC Airport Rocket express
route from the Mount Dennis hub along Eglinton and into the airport, making the same stops as the 192 Rocket?

- Paul

That's exactly what I want, a bus that goes along Eglinton west from the Mt Dennis station for Eglinton LRT, GO, UPX, then going up to Pearson using the same route as 192. Basically phase 2 of the LRT in bus form (until phase 2 if it ever gets built).

This horseless carriage refueling station at Eglinton Avenue West and Dufferin Street is no more.
Screen%2Bshot%2B2011-11-29%2Bat%2B10.00.10%2BAM.png

It has been torn down.
upload_2015-9-4_14-18-22.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-9-4_14-18-22.png
    upload_2015-9-4_14-18-22.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 716
Last edited:
There is a gas station between oakwood and allen as well at the south west corner of avenue road. Praying for condos

There is a gas station between oakwood and allen as well at the south west corner of avenue road. Praying for condos

The station at Dufferin is going because Metrolinx had bought it for the new Dufferin Station. Metrolinx looked at buying some land from the gas station at Avenue but it was too expensive and there were other opportunities (e.g. the Mac's on the opposite corner). The problem with gas stations is once they are gone it's impossible to get them back - it would be very difficult to get a new gas station approved in any urban part of Toronto these days. That means the existing gas station locations are very valuable to the gas companies. If PetroCanada wanted to close its station at Avenue and Eglinton you can bet ESSO or Shell or Husky would give them way more money for the site than any standard mid-rise developer would. Therefore it is going to be a gas station for a long time - at least until the demand for high-rise development is there.

The station at Dufferin is going because Metrolinx had bought it for the new Dufferin Station. Metrolinx looked at buying some land from the gas station at Avenue but it was too expensive and there were other opportunities (e.g. the Mac's on the opposite corner). The problem with gas stations is once they are gone it's impossible to get them back - it would be very difficult to get a new gas station approved in any urban part of Toronto these days. That means the existing gas station locations are very valuable to the gas companies. If PetroCanada wanted to close its station at Avenue and Eglinton you can bet ESSO or Shell or Husky would give them way more money for the site than any standard mid-rise developer would. Therefore it is going to be a gas station for a long time - at least until the demand for high-rise development is there.
...or until demand for electric cars is much greater than those that rely on petroleum-based fuel.

We got rid of the horse-and-buggy over a century ago, so getting rid of petroleum-based vehicles will happen sooner or later.

Back