News   Jul 12, 2024
 594     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 611     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 281     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Would Johnny not be satisfied with following the erection of elevated girders above the street?

It happens much faster than the tunnelling, so I think he would actually like it.
Just make the LRVs along the Eglinton Crosstown LRT levitate using aeroharmonics and all is good.

Just like this.

Last edited:
I gotta admit, you had me until I actually clicked the link.

I have to be honest - you had me too. My first thought was "finally Metrolinx has gotten smart and is doing the right thing".
But then the quote that stated that locals would object to elevated transit was too far fetched to be believed.

I have to be honest - you had me too. My first thought was "finally Metrolinx has gotten smart and is doing the right thing".
But then the quote that stated that locals would object to elevated transit was too far fetched to be believed.

I strive to make you smile BurlOak.

Yes the idea that anybody in this city would be opposed to anything is way too far fetched :rolleyes:

Tracker update: Lea moved around 150m since last week (impressive pace), while Dennis is stalled.

The full road is still available at Eglinton & Leslie, just FYI for people who drive there, but a few signs about the Crosstown construction have gone up.

I wandered around the car dealership at that intersection while waiting for car service, out of curiosity. I realized the tall modernist tower and base building attached to the Toyota dealership was completely abandoned, it's kind of strange. Besides that there are a few apartment or condo buildings in the same area, and Scenic on Eglinton, and that's it besides the ravine/park.

I found this detailing the history of the abandoned tower there http://www.thegridto.com/city/places/whats-happen-inn/.

Just in case anyone's interested in what's at Eg & Leslie, since we talk so much about it here. It's hard to imagine much development happening there even after the LRT goes in, due to the ravine. My guess is that Leslie station will only be used by the residents of those few buildings, people going from/to the car dealership, and those going to the park.

The primary use of Leslie Station besides the connecting bus route is definitely going to be people going to the park in the summer time.

(So in other words, not much use at all)

Back