News   Jul 17, 2024
 10     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 447     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 983     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

I'm fine with the underground stops. It's the at-grade stops that are the problem with the Eglinton line. Though I think removing 2-3 would do wonders for the line.

Rich and poor need transit access. We want everyone using the system. It doesn't matter if the car is a Ford or a Porsche; it's causing congestion and putting smoke in the air. If not building the transit station would make it difficult for people in Forest Hill to access the system, it must be built.

Rich and poor need transit access. We want everyone using the system. It doesn't matter if the car is a Ford or a Porsche; it's causing congestion and putting smoke in the air. If not building the transit station would make it difficult for people in Forest Hill to access the system, it must be built.

Exactly. Chaplin has local transit connections as well: the 14 Glencairn and the 33 Forest Hill. Granted neither are busy at all, but it's part of a network. The neighbourhood isn't that wealthy even if we were to go with that argument - lots of low and mid-rise rental buildings in the area.

Even with Chaplin, it will still be similar stop spacing as Bloor-Danforth. Keep it.

The Kennedy Station Design Update Meeting was yesterday. See link.

You can now download the presentation in PDF from this link.

There is also a presentation on the Kennedy Station Mobility Hub. You can download that presentation from this link.

After viewing, you can take the survey at this link. Comments and survey should be completed by January 8, 2014.

According to the slides the existing bus terminal will remain. How is that possible when the SRT that sits directly above will be dismantled? I hope the terminal will at least be given a new modern look.

Again, we agree. Someone once told me that people at Metrolinx were in favour of elevating Eglinton, but were afraid to say so in fear of sparking more political debate. Of course this is hearsay so take it with a grain of salt.

The only reason Metrolinx was created was to take planning out of the hands of politicians. So Metrolinx needs to do what they feel is best for the Crosstown. The problem is the funding gap. This would require another $800 Million according to this report. Perhaps if Toronto implemented its own revenue tools, we could use some of that money towards the Crosstown.

I think the main reason Metrolinx was created was because Mike Harris refused to accept the recommendations of Golden Report back in the 90's. If the GTA had its own regional government it could have taken care and paid for of its own regional transportation, but since Mike had so much common sense the Province had to step in an create regional transportation agency that all taxpayers across the whole Province have to pay for.

It seems to be a cheaper version without the complete rebuild they were originally planning, it seems to largely leave The existing station alone. I wonder why Kennedy GO is receiving such large upgrades, that looks like it would be part of the funding for all day GO, not the Crosstown. Unless Metrolinx is looking at doing some more twinning on the Stouffville corridor beyond the passing track just south of Unionville that currently exists. Twinning the southern portion would allow 30 minute frequency for runs to Unionville, trains deadheading back to Union currently pass Kennedy around 20 minutes before the next (in service) train comes northbound for the current 2 off peak unionville trains. If they can twin to around Agincourt, they may be able to up frequency.

The walk looks to be about 40 meters, or around 30 seconds. not much. remember that the LRT trains depicted aren't even 3 meters wide.

Last edited:
It seems to be a cheaper version without the complete rebuild they were originally planning, it seems to largely leave The existing station alone. I wonder why Kennedy GO is receiving such large upgrades, that looks like it would be part of the funding for all day GO, not the Crosstown. Unless Metrolinx is looking at doing some more twinning on the Stouffville corridor beyond the passing track just south of Unionville that currently exists. Twinning the southern portion would allow 30 minute frequency for runs to Unionville, trains deadheading back to Union currently pass Kennedy around 20 minutes before the next (in service) train comes northbound for the current 2 off peak unionville trains. If they can twin to around Agincourt, they may be able to up frequency.

The walk looks to be about 40 meters, or around 30 seconds. not much. remember that the LRT trains depicted aren't even 3 meters wide.

I have a quick queston for you innsert (or anyone else):

You know how Lakeshore West trains become lakeshore east? How that work for the other lines ie Milton, Richmond Hill, etc. Would the Milton line or Kitchener line continue to Markham? Or Barrie? An example is this

Milton trains continue to Mount Joy GO
Kitchener trains continue to Barrie

Just like Aldershot trains go to Oshawa.

Thanks for the answers.

Back