News   Jul 12, 2024
 862     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 775     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 325     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

I have not seen anything yet on the Yonge-Eglinton Station.

I understand they were considering a direct connection between the Yonge line, and the Eglinton line below - a one level transfer. While the other option had passengers having to go up two levels from the Eglinton line, across, and then access the Yonge line from above.

I hope they choose the former since the lessons from Yonge-Bloor show us that the interchange is a key component and greatly affects the capacity of the entire line.

They haven't brought it up for final design yet, as it is in the 3rd tunneling contract, (I think) which covers Laird to Yonge. (the first contract is Weston to the Allen, and the second contract is the Allen to Yonge)

Should be coming up soon though.

A different architect designed each Montreal Metro station, so there is potential to the idea. At this point, who designs the stations can probably still be decided without delaying the project.

Just curious to know how many of our readers had the privilege to drive on Eglinton today. Down to one lane near Eglinton West. I was thanking Metrolinx so much for the decision to keep the allen open. Especially when it was backed up past Lawrence today. I saw a sign on Oakwood saying that Oakwood would be closed to Eglinton soon for construction of the LRT. From Dufferin to Eglinton West is going to be a great drive for commuters.

Just curious to know how many of our readers had the privilege to drive on Eglinton today. Down to one lane near Eglinton West. I was thanking Metrolinx so much for the decision to keep the allen open. Especially when it was backed up past Lawrence today. I saw a sign on Oakwood saying that Oakwood would be closed to Eglinton soon for construction of the LRT. From Dufferin to Eglinton West is going to be a great drive for commuters.
That is what Marlee Avenue is for.

That is what Marlee Avenue is for.

actually today you couldnt get onto marlee from eglinton.. (the police shut it down for construction). both marlee and allen end at t intersections.. neither work well... anyways its chaos on eglinton.. ive been inside cleaning all day and i can hear the honking of a lot more horns then normally.

get ready for 7 more years of it, I never quite understood peoples notion that subways don't cause delays while under construction.

get ready for 7 more years of it, I never quite understood peoples notion that subways don't cause delays while under construction.

There would be two major disruptions.

The first one would the the initial digging down and creation of the overhead traffic beams. While traffic continues on top, work will be done to create the station box and work on the underground utilities. We're on the initial stages now.

The second one would be to removal of the beams and filling between the station box and roadway. After filling in, they can continue to work underground for the finishing work.

Im cool with the construction. I live near Eglinton and I will benefit from the LRT. What I dont understand is all these people who will continue to use Eglinton instead of finding an alternate route home to the suburbs.

Im just commenting on how dumb it was for people to think that keeping the ALLEN open was going to help them get around the city if Eglinton was reduced to 1 lane in each direction.

I find it interesting that the Eglinton Crosstown line would extend from one No Frills (at Black Creek) to another No Frills (east of Kennedy Road) with two No Frills in between (one between Caledonia and Dufferin and another between Victoria Park and Pharmacy). Better have Loblaws pay naming rights to the line and call it the No Frills Eglinton Crosstown line, given the four No Frills along it and at each end. If the Eglinton Crosstown line were to be extended eastward to between Brimley and Danforth, it would be five No Frills.

Did you notice that coincidence?

Last edited:
I find it interesting that the Eglinton Crosstown line would extend from one No Frills (at Black Creek) to another No Frills (east of Kennedy Road) with two No Frills in between (one between Caledonia and Dufferin and another between Victoria Park and Pharmacy). Better have Loblaws pay naming rights to the line and call it the No Frills Eglinton Crosstown line, given the four No Frills along it and at each end. If the Eglinton Crosstown line were to be extended eastward to between Brimley and Danforth, it would be five No Frills.

Did you notice that coincidence?

It's also ironic, because looking at the station designs, it's very clear that there are very few frills. It would be quite aptly named.

Back