News   Oct 18, 2024
 3.7K     11 
News   Oct 18, 2024
 431     0 
News   Oct 18, 2024
 1.6K     5 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Either

a) there is little to no truth to the rumours (I.e. the errors are much more trivial than described)

or

b) the media in this city is just as incompetent as metrolinx and doesn’t know how to leak the story of the year.

or
c) the ensuing litigation is causing all concerned to stay silent.... for now

and/or

d) the slab is currently intact but some data suggests it is suspect, or likely to fail before the contractual end of life, or we won't really know until a few more freeze/thaw cycles have passed....

- Paul

Or e) after all of the previous delays everything is going through its final checks now, and the line will be opening soon.

If there had been some structural issue with the slab under Eglinton Station we would have heard about it by now. The TTC is really, really sensitive to issues like that. Remember Victoria Park? Or the Eglinton bus terminal? Or Islington? Or Bay?

Dan

Either

a) there is little to no truth to the rumours (I.e. the errors are much more trivial than described)

or

b) the media in this city is just as incompetent as metrolinx and doesn’t know how to leak the story of the year.
Why not both?

But yeah, I’m quite sure this is nonsense of the variety far too common in railfan circles… someone mentions a foundation crack and suddenly everyone starts hearing complete demolition is the only fix. I mean seriously, has any tunnel project, anywhere in the world, had that kind of total demo required to fix something? It’s just not a thing.

Last edited:
Crosstown wont open until 2025, Finch wont open until that lawsuit issue is settled ...
With construction complete, why would the lawsuit delay operation? That's not been a factor on Line 5.

Not would delaying operation be in either parties interest.

With construction complete, why would the lawsuit delay operation? That's not been a factor on Line 5.

Not would delaying operation be in either parties interest.
note that the crosstown guys also sued the ttc for the same exact reason back in May 2023
It quietly went away

Have the past Crosstown legal issues gone away? It took years after TYSSE to be dealt with, didn't it.

Heck, TTC still has TYSSE as an open project.

Have the past Crosstown legal issues gone away? It took years after TYSSE to be dealt with, didn't it.

Heck, TTC still has TYSSE as an open project.
"gone away" as in never to be brought up again? definitely not. The whole contract was supposed to be structured so that legal issues dont happen until after project completion

Back