News   Jun 24, 2024
 251     0 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 5K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.9K     3 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

There will be a pay fare area for the station once you get down to the platform area or on the concourse.
ther seem to be no evidence of that at all and metolinxs has show nothing in any pkans that or videos that shoiw thath I'll beleve that you will be able to enter line 5 from knedy without taoping apreto card again onlty when it actuly opens or a detaled set of picture or a video that makes sene is relesed to the public.

if most of the stations look like oakwood that seriously puts a huge red flag to this secret dec 24 timeline. the station is practically finished! any of these last minute things are probably so minor that the general public
wont even notice nor would they be affected. if we are wasting that many months to strive for that last 0.05% to perfection as Verster claims we are not getting anything done as a city.

case in point... i was involved with a m/e meeting with ML today on a project, they convened a 25 person committee zoom call to settle what in the private sector would be a 15min phone call..... AND they werent prepared for the meeting.
This reminds me, those who say government has too much red tape has never worked in a f500 company. I do. and this describes everyday life for me. 50 person calls people not prepared for the meeting,

so no it would not be a 15 minute phone call hell it wouldnt even be an hour long phone call. it would be 5 meetings split up over 3 months where no one remembers what this project is about....true story

ther seem to be no evidence of that at all and metolinxs has show nothing in any pkans that or videos that shoiw thath I'll beleve that you will be able to enter line 5 from knedy without taoping apreto card again onlty when it actuly opens or a detaled set of picture or a video that makes sene is relesed to the public.
This information has been in the public realm for over 5 years, you shouldn’t refute what @drum118 is reporting if you’re not in the know.

Evidence A: Youtube - CrosstownTO - Kennedy Station Walk Through

Evidence B: PDF - Interchange Stations - Final Designs
Note the designated Paid/Unpaid Area and fare gates on northeast and northwest entrances:
IMG_8749.jpeg

This reminds me, those who say government has too much red tape has never worked in a f500 company. I do. and this describes everyday life for me. 50 person calls people not prepared for the meeting,

so no it would not be a 15 minute phone call hell it wouldnt even be an hour long phone call. it would be 5 meetings split up over 3 months where no one remembers what this project is about....true story
I used to work in a f500 company. Every time I was called into a meeting I would start my time tracking app. At the end of the quarter I showed my boss how much of my 40-50 hr week was spent in meetings. Over three months I think we topped out at over 200 hours. It was astonishing. And in each meeting was probably six to eight people at least, with everyone making about $100k, or about $48/hr. 200 hours x eight people x $48/hr = $77k in payroll costs, just to sit in a chair and listen to your colleagues point at slides, spreadsheets and task lists. I asked my boss, did he think that those 1,600 hours of payroll spent in meetings over just three months either generated or saved the company more than $77k? And if they didn't maybe we should use our time elsewhere to generate revenue or cut costs. No, I didn't get fired (or promoted, lol) but we dropped our frequency of meetings.

Last edited:
I used to work in a f500 company. Every time I was called into a meeting I would start my time tracking app. At the end of the quarter I showed by boss how much of my 40-50 week was spent in meetings. It was astonishing.
I've worked in a lot of blue collar places and see people complain how "the city" (multiple cities btw) do things. Some complaints were having flowers LOL or bus stations that weren't undersized.

You can tell who didn't work at a larger company because for the most part the government runs the same as a big company minus the whole party switch where they try to undo the last guys work.

I've worked in a lot of blue collar places and see people complain how "the city" (multiple cities btw) do things. Some complaints were having flowers LOL or bus stations that weren't undersized.

You can tell who didn't work at a larger company because for the most part the government runs the same as a big company minus the whole party switch where they try to undo the last guys work.
i mean that happens in companies too, though less frequently. new C-levels new directors changing things up cancelling contracts. It happens all the time

There’s something really “rub your nose in it” about ML putting out this in light of all the delays.
Be nice to get the access, lol. How many underground stations? Two weeks per video release? hmm. 14 * 2. - 28 weeks? Friday April 19th 2024. There you go!:cool:😄

I used to work in a f500 company. Every time I was called into a meeting I would start my time tracking app. At the end of the quarter I showed by boss how much of my 40-50 week was spent in meetings. Over three months I think we topped out at over 200 hours. It was astonishing. And in each meeting was probably six to eight people at least, with everyone making about $100k, or about $48/hr. 200 hours x eight people x $48/hr = $77k in payroll costs, just to sit in a chair and listen to your colleagues point at slides, spreadsheets and task lists. I asked my boss, did he think that those 1,600 hours of payroll spent in meetings over just three months either generated or saved the company more than $77k? And if they didn't maybe we should use our time elsewhere to generate revenue or cut costs. No, I didn't get fired (or promoted, lol) but we dropped our frequency of meetings.

Yup. Having worked mostly in small, mid and large private sector companies, there's just as much waste, bureaucracy and idiocy as government (familiar with public sector as well).

This information has been in the public realm for over 5 years, you shouldn’t refute what @drum118 is reporting if you’re not in the know.

Evidence A: Youtube - CrosstownTO - Kennedy Station Walk Through

Evidence B: PDF - Interchange Stations - Final Designs
Note the designated Paid/Unpaid Area and fare gates on northeast and northwest entrances:
View attachment 511487This is the fiorst taht I've seen this . I wish they atully had this posted in the sation so popel could actullyu undersatnd what is going on and how the satuion will change.
This is something that Metrolink should have up on the construction walls at Kenedy station and in other places as well. failing to do that just shows how poor they are about giving information to the public. This is just as bad as them putting the letter T on everything with no explanation and people are supposed to understand it.

Last edited:
Will it be a separate fare-paid area from the subway?
There are 2 fare areas with one for TTC and the other for Line 5 and TTC. It clearly noted on the map above. Basely, if you use the GO Platform access to the LRT concourse, there is a fare gates that allows you access to line 5 as well TTC line 2.

No fare gates from Line 2 to Line 5

There are 2 fare areas with one for TTC and the other for Line 5 and TTC. It clearly noted on the map above. Basely, if you use the GO Platform access to the LRT concourse, there is a fare gates that allows you access to line 5 as well TTC line 2.

No fare gates from Line 2 to Line 5
So I guess no. But it looks like there's a barrier in the connecting passageways.

Back