Part 2: Northwest Corner:

IMG_0457.jpg
IMG_0458.jpg
IMG_0459.jpg
IMG_0464.jpg
IMG_0465.jpg
IMG_0466.jpg
IMG_0467.jpg

6256 came off the low-boy this morning and made the trip to Don Mills.

While I missed the first car yesterday, I was content just keeping pace and enjoying the sight and sound of car #2 ever cruising down Eglinton. After all these years, it's starting to seem real.

My main observation from this morning - even at a cautious speed, with TPS clearing the way at crossings, the LRV had no trouble beating traffic. I failed miserably at trying to get ahead of the movement to grab some shots along the way. Didn't help that there was virtually no place to pull off and park. Anyways, assuming transit priority signalling and eventual full track speed, the velocity of this line may prove to be quite attractive over car or bus.

- Paul

20210527 Crosstown b.jpg
20210527 Crosstown d.jpg

6256! I hadn't realized they had that many delivered already. I guess Bombardier/Alstom isn't going to be the issue here. How many are delivered now?

Now that we rivet-obsessive folks can actually eyeball these cars, here's an Obscure Spotting Detail: The "A" end and "B" ends of the Crosstown cars can be distinguished by the "B" (non-driving) end having a horizontal yellow grab rail visible in the interior.

I wonder if all 70 cars have the pantograph installed in the same direction. (One would think....)

I also wonder how long it will be before the folding door over the trailing end coupler is removed. Assuming the trailing end is always coupled inwards, the door serves no purpose, even cosmetic. Maybe a few will be parted out once there is a collision or two and some car needs a replacement for the "A" end.

- Paul
20210527 Crosstown g.jpg

Back