News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 959     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 361     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Looks like it was a mistake; they fixed the text already. I wish they would say that it will have two connections with DRL and a common terminal with Sheppard...

Another story just out in the Star about the Eglinton Crosstown.

Seems they projected surplus was only $200 million, and that may be eroded away with these crossing of the Don. I'm guessing the sudden talk of the cost of Eglinton is simply to deflect more begging from City Hall for the surplus money.

The Toronot Star is so full of it..............Really is that the best picture you can get of Rob Ford.

The Toronot Star is so full of it..............Really is that the best picture you can get of Rob Ford.
Given that he is so utterly immature that he won't talk to them, it's not like he's going to smile and pose for a proper photo.

Though I thought it was a great photo ... shows him being a man of the people, eating off the lunch truck. A Jamaican patty no less ... it makes me relate to him far better than a simple posed photo, I don't see anything wrong with it. It's not like there was food stuck on his face, or clothes (which is always a challenge with the pastry on those patties).

Interestingly the Star ended up using 2 very different photos in the newspaper for this story; on page GT1 and GT2. No changes I can see to the text itself.

Hey there I am interested in speaking with you more about this topic. I write for the newspaper the Scarborough Observer. if anyone in this forum would like their opinions published in the newspaper and online please message me ASAP. Thanks
Somehow I don't see a properly done light rail possible for EC. The tunneled portion could be a breeze to travel through then face gridlock in the at-grade sections. As such periods of several minutes could transpire with no surface, causing crowding at stops then all of a sudden two, three vehicles appear at once. This isn't better than buses but more encouragement to take private modes of transport. I'd prefer short-distance subways that intensify stops where necessary than line after line of kilometre-apart ones that require monster suburban terminals to feed them with multiple bus routes. EC as a LRT line wouldn't be faster than the buses its replacing, which is why we should support an Eglinton subway line instead.

Has anyone seen any recent design information for Eglinton-Yonge station?

With the Eglinton East ridership up to 12,000, then there's going to be huge volumes of people changing at Eglinton, much more so than the previous design, where the peak ridership was ... something like 7,000 on Eglinton West, rather than 12,000 on Eglinton East. I'd think this would necessitate the addition of a second, at least, platform at the existing Eglinton station. If I was TTC, with Metrolinx picking up 100% of the costs, I'd be pushing this as essential.

Back