News   Jun 14, 2024
 2K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 789     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Proof-of-payment, please? And where's your safety equipment? The new "Zero Vision" laws for pedestrians require that.

(Yes, it should be "Vision Zero", but for some politicians they have zero vision.)
Dude chill out. This is testing with a preproduction unit. We are still a long ways away from opening so stop spazzing out over 1 photo

Dude chill out. This is testing with a preproduction unit. We are still a long ways away from opening so stop spazzing out over 1 photo

Similar to the Waterloo ION light rail vehicles, but with different configurations. By February, 2019, the first 6 vehicles had arrived at the Mount Dennis facility.

Lots of updates this week that make it seem like this project will be delivered on time. Kennedy station will be 90% complete by the end of next year, So will science center station. All the intersections on the surface have rail.

For the millionth time, Yonge and Cedarvale are VERY far behind.

How the underpinning of Line 1 wasn’t completed in 2014 is something I’ll never understand.

Can anyone here speculate why they waited until 2019/2020 to complete the underpinning? I’m no civil engineer, but to me it seems that underpinning Line 1 would be one of the very first steps to enable a new station to be built around it. What have the workers been doing in those holes for the past five years?

How the underpinning of Line 1 wasn’t completed in 2014 is something I’ll never understand.

Can anyone here speculate why they waited until 2019/2020 to complete the underpinning? I’m no civil engineer, but to me it seems that underpinning Line 1 would be one of the very first steps to enable a new station to be built around it. What have the workers been doing in those holes for the past five years?

Pure speculation, but the detailed explanations of how it was to be done only surfaced a couple years ago. Perhaps it took that long just to get the engineering right. I seem to recall that the plan for the Line 1 platform shifts only solidified a couple of years back also. That slow pace may have been a good thing - measure twice, cut once applies. But surely they understood that it’s a very long lead item.

Someone needs to be pinning Verster and Mulroney down now about all this, so they are caught in the lie when the inevitable delay is announced. The delay itself doesn’t bother me, but the lack of transparency about it sure does. They must know.

- Paul

^ Also, didn't they wait to do the underpinning because they needed the space or spend the energy on the TBMs and getting them out of the hole there?

Pure speculation, but the detailed explanations of how it was to be done only surfaced a couple years ago. Perhaps it took that long just to get the engineering right. I seem to recall that the plan for the Line 1 platform shifts only solidified a couple of years back also. That slow pace may have been a good thing - measure twice, cut once applies. But surely they understood that it’s a very long lead item.

Hm, I also recall that a year or two ago a lot of the planned summer Line 1 shutdowns to accommodate ECLRT construction were suddenly canceled. I wonder if that was at all related to them deciding to push back the underpinning work.

Someone needs to be pinning Verster and Mulroney down now about all this, so they are caught in the lie when the inevitable delay is announced. The delay itself doesn’t bother me, but the lack of transparency about it sure does. They must know.

I'm surprised they didn't announce that the Crosstown was delayed right as the new government took office. Would've been a great moment for the PC government to highlight that the Liberals were hiding the delays with the Crosstown. Now the PCs are just as complicit in the "coverup" as the Liberals

Hm, I also recall that a year or two ago a lot of the planned summer Line 1 shutdowns to accommodate ECLRT construction were suddenly canceled. I wonder if that was at all related to them deciding to push back the underpinning work.

I'm surprised they didn't announce that the Crosstown was delayed right as the new government took office. Would've been a great moment for the PC government to highlight that the Liberals were hiding the delays with the Crosstown. Now the PCs are just as complicit in the "coverup" as the Liberals
Not that it will stop Mulroney from blaming them entirely anyway. She'll probably blame Ontario Line delays on them somehow too.

Back