Toronto Couture The Condominium | ?m | 42s | Philmor | Graziani + Corazza

Looks like Cladding is going up any day now. I did not see any onsite, but I did notice the prepping started on the ground floor. They also started painting the balcony undersides a medium grey.

Looks like Cladding is going up any day now. I did not see any onsite, but I did notice the prepping started on the ground floor. They also started painting the balcony undersides a medium grey.

The grey you see is Aquatac primer to hold the Blueskin waterproofing/weatherbarrier in place. I don't think they will be painting the underside of the balconies this early.

At first, I thought they started to paint as well, but then I looked up 'Blueskin' and found a site called http://ca.henry.com/ which explains the Blueskin waterproofing system, as well as the Aquatac primer.

Cladding was just delivered. It looks like we'll see the cladding starting to be installed this week.

The grey you see is Aquatac primer to hold the Blueskin waterproofing/weatherbarrier in place. I don't think they will be painting the underside of the balconies this early.

At first, I thought they started to paint as well, but then I looked up 'Blueskin' and found a site called http://ca.henry.com/ which explains the Blueskin waterproofing system, as well as the Aquatac primer.

Check the South side, one of the lower balcony undersides are completely painted grey. I did not know the waterproofing is on the entire underside of the balcony.Thanks for the info.

Check the South side, one of the lower balcony undersides are completely painted grey. I did not know the waterproofing is on the entire underside of the balcony.Thanks for the info.

You are right Weird. I actually saw it this morning. You may just be right. I still believe it's primer, but I guess time will tell. I don't even know if they will be painting the underside of the balconies - anyone know?

The cladding doesn't seem to have much colour to it. Not sure what to make of it just yet...

couture-cladding-31-10-2011-2.jpg

Couture is almost half-way there. They are working on the 18th floor at the moment (+ 2 floors for the podium and amenities - so total 20 floors). I believe the floorplate is changing slightly to accomodate the higher ceilings.

Last edited:
I thought that bar1967 was the former Arebe, because of both the obvious similarity in the names (Are-Be vs. b-ar), and the similar avatars (Bert from Sesame Street in a police line-up).

Well if they are the same person he is playing nice at this point. Personality wise they are certainly not the same.

That's pretty much exactly what the renderings show. I think this is one of those towers where a few floors will need to go up before the cladding can be judged, on account of how much difference the overall gestalt of this thing will make. Far too soon to make sense of the effect of the repeating patterns

I didn't realize this tower was going to be completely gray. This one really takes the cake, gray, on grey, on grey. lol It's amazing how these developers all copy one another. Not one of them is willing to take any risks at all and try some creative, bold colour combinations.

Does the cladding not contain much more gray on the first two floors than the rest of the building? That's what the render suggests to me anyways.
I can't disagree with the boring tag however.

Back