Toronto Concord Sky | 299m | 85s | Concord Adex | Kohn Pedersen Fox

They've built up to the height of the heritage facade.

Z8P_9364.jpg
Z8P_9370.jpg

So we know Concord has had permit problems here.............. the new submission, yes you read that right, dated June 20, 2024 provides some insight......

The key bit being..............they don't have NOAC. LOL. They got this far w/o it.

Now the reason specified is rather odd.........

Let me just bring the Cover Letter over:

1719342738993.png

1719342760352.png

Before I forget, I will @Paclo

So wait because I haven't been on this right in a while they still don't have permits and they're on like the 3rd level aren't they

They had permits (eventually) for below grade. They do not have permits for above-grade.

Is this a Concord thing or have other companies done this like how do you get away with doing this I built a small conference center at Blue mountain and we had to have every single piece of rebar inspected concrete pour days sucked because half the time the inspectors would be late and we would end up losing a truck

Is this a Concord thing or have other companies done this like how do you get away with doing this I built a small conference center at Blue mountain and we had to have every single piece of rebar inspected concrete pour days sucked because half the time the inspectors would be late and we would end up losing a truck

I have reported on others, notably the heritage demolition that happened sans permits at 'Natasha' on Adelaide W.

Those more directly in the day-to-day of the industry might be able to shed further detail on frequency etc.

Aside from Buildings sometimes not noticing unless there's a complaint.......... I think the real issue is that the fines are less costly than delaying construction in many cases.

The City, of course, has the theoretical option to order uninspected work demolished, but that only seems to happen to the odd small building, not one of the biggies.

Last edited:
Yeah something like this just screams millennium Tower it's unfortunate I would love to see this building get 10 stories in the air and be ordered to be restarted from the basement up 😂 may finally get rid of Concord

Back