Toronto Concord Sky | 299m | 85s | Concord Adex | Kohn Pedersen Fox

Bridge is gone. No more.

Height fiends will be slobbering though, if all goes according to plan.

Lead arch is not from Toronto. Arch of record is the best in the city (I'll let Cresford's record and my own proclivity for certain parties lead your imagination there).

Whippersnapper at SSP, who is well-connected in the industry and often has access to 'inside information', had this to say:

"The developer, Cresford, that is developing 391 Yonge, being marketed as YSL, has changed the design. I've heard supertall. We have to wait and see. It will be on the 200 metre list again and soon."

I wonder how long it will be before Kering sends a cease and desist letter on the branding for this one?

If they didn't care about Young Thug's clothing line I doubt they'll care about a condo tower. I don't think they've bothered the St. Laurent centre in Ottawa either, and their new branding is pretty much ripping off YSL: http://stlaurentshoppingcentre.com/

Bridge is gone. No more.

Height fiends will be slobbering though, if all goes according to plan.

Lead arch is not from Toronto. Arch of record is the best in the city (I'll let Cresford's record and my own proclivity for certain parties lead your imagination there).

Oddly promising. Are you saying we're going to get a Richard Meier supertall? :D

Nah, seriously can't see it going that way. Maybe a SOM?

AoD

I wonder how long it will be before Kering sends a cease and desist letter on the branding for this one?
If they didn't care about Young Thug's clothing line I doubt they'll care about a condo tower. I don't think they've bothered the St. Laurent centre in Ottawa either, and their new branding is pretty much ripping off YSL: http://stlaurentshoppingcentre.com/
Why the expectation that the branding is not licensed? I expect that based on all of Cresford's recent builds, they'll have YSL doing their lobby (each Casa has had a different fashion house do the lobby).

It's named after the street it's on, St. Laurent Blvd, which in turn is named after the Prime Minister. It's been called St. Laurent Shopping Centre since it opened in the '60s. Should Yves St. Laurent also be offended by the name of the Saint Lawrence Seaway (in French, Fleuve St. Laurent)?

It's named after the street it's on, St. Laurent Blvd, which in turn is named after the Prime Minister. It's been called St. Laurent Shopping Centre since it opened in the '60s. Should Yves St. Laurent also be offended by the name of the Saint Lawrence Seaway (in French, Fleuve St. Laurent)?

I'm referring to their new logo and branding specifically, not the name. I spent many hours in that mall myself when it still had the goofy multicolour logo and just found it amusing that their redesign is so close to the Yves branding.

All of the units under the bridge sold at Parade.

Parade is a very different building. The bridge is east-west and narrow in depth so some sun will still get there. The two towers are also arranged east-west so there's nothing to the south of the bridge to block sunlight. At 385 Yonge, the bridge would have run north-south and would have had the south building in front, further blocking sunlight. It's a different condition entirely.

There would be ways to mitigate that, including not making the bridge full width, cutting light wells through it, cladding its underside in a reflective white panelling, losing one floor of apartments immediately below the bridge (and possibly giving the suites two floors below higher than normal ceilings with larger windows to let in more light), or a combination of those. Let's not suddenly pull the rug out from under imaginative and innovative solutions—we were looking at an exceptionally bold scheme here!

Back