Toronto Concord Canada House | 231.97m | 74s | Concord Adex | Arcadis

That might be the case, but everything in the buildings and specifically Concord buildings is bottom of the barrel crap. And I know this first hand. I have see it, I have dealt with it. Throwing in an incentive like Miele and Bosch is just putting lipstick on a pig.

All I am saying is that those aren't Chinese companies (not that that should matter to anyone), and they are included in many CP units, so your blanket statement on the quality of the finishes and appliances isn't accurate.

All I am saying is that those aren't Chinese companies (not that that should matter to anyone), and they are included in many CP units, so your blanket statement on the quality of the finishes and appliances isn't accurate.

The fact is, UrbanToronto has become more of a promotion for many of these developers and generally protects their interests. Concord is shit, bottom line. My statement is accurate, I have seen it and have been in the front lines to deal with the issues. You don't see it because you walk around doing your hard hat tours of an unfinished product. It's all glitz and glamour, but rarely does UT report on the horror stories associated with many of these buildings and the developers behind them. And if anything negative is written, often times I have seen those comments get deleted.

If the site is that bad why continue to visit?

And btw .... when you take pictures from this forum and post them on Skyscrapercity - you could at least credit where you find them.

Cheers,

Chester

If the site is that bad why continue to visit?

And btw .... when you take pictures from this forum and post them on Skyscrapercity - you could at least credit where you find them.

Cheers,

Chester

I always give credit to photographers and give credit to Urban Toronto. If you need me to post more examples, I have no problem - http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1692323 . Feel free to scan my posts on SSC and SSP and you will see 95% of my posts are credited. You don't have to teach me about the "rules" of the internet.

No where did I say the site is bad. I merely suggested that Urban Toronto has become a promotional tool for developers. Thanks for veering off topic though.

The fact is, UrbanToronto has become more of a promotion for many of these developers and generally protects their interests. Concord is shit, bottom line. My statement is accurate, I have seen it and have been in the front lines to deal with the issues. You don't see it because you walk around doing your hard hat tours of an unfinished product. It's all glitz and glamour, but rarely does UT report on the horror stories associated with many of these buildings and the developers behind them. And if anything negative is written, often times I have seen those comments get deleted.

Such negative comments (specifically regarding the interior of a building) are never deleted, though it may appear so. They are merely moved to the real estate subforum as the Projects & Constructions subforum is dedicated to architecture and planning issues.

I always give credit to photographers and give credit to Urban Toronto. If you need me to post more examples, I have no problem - http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1692323 . Feel free to scan my posts on SSC and SSP and you will see 95% of my posts are credited. You don't have to teach me about the "rules" of the internet.

No where did I say the site is bad. I merely suggested that Urban Toronto has become a promotional tool for developers. Thanks for veering off topic though.

I agree UT has become a place for developers to advertise. I think the elevators they use in buildings are from china and not ThyssenKrupp.

Really? I haven't noticed this, in fact most of the posts here are entitled whining about developments certain posters don't like. It's hard to say definitively why the community here sucks, personally I think it's because the mods are overzealous. If you look at skyscraperpage it's far more civil (except for some petty city vs. city bickering). It's certainly not because the mods there are banning and deleting posts everywhere like they do here, in fact I never see them do much of anything on ssp. It's at the point where I don't even read most of the posts here because it's always the same people writing their own brand of passive aggressive crap that skates just under the rules so they're never called out on their shitty attitudes. I don't really see people shilling though so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Concord is not only a blight on the skyline, but it goes deeper than that. It's a builder that basically purchased all it's products from China for their developments. It's no surprise that many of the products used in their developments (light fixtures, door handles, balcony glass) have failed within a few years. Instead of spending extra money on quality US or Canadian made products with warranties, they decided to buy everything from China with no warranties. What they end up doing is replacing the crap with more crap. It's a never ending cycle. It really is a poor development company if you dig deeper.

Many developers, including big reputable ones uses lower grade fixtures from China.
Cecconi Simone specifies Chinese knockoff hardware and plumbing fixtures in developments by Great Gulf and Mod to name a few.
Unfortunately there is a big lawsuit going on regarding the faulty non-pressurized shower valves that were used at X Condos.
So it's not just CP. CP is an easy target because it is the largest condo development right in the middle of downtown Toronto. There are many other developers that are far worse than Concord.

There is nothing wrong with what Concord has done at CityPlace. Some people here have some very unrealistic expectations of all the developers including Concord. People want relatively inexpensive housing and that's what they get. The could build better but then few could afford to buy.

I agree UT has become a place for developers to advertise. I think the elevators they use in buildings are from china and not ThyssenKrupp.

UT could be a place for any advertiser, they're doing business in reality... I don't see there is anything wrong with that!

Indeed Canada have a very clear and restricted protocol needs to be followed especially any safety issues to life that is not this easy to get away with.... Please remember that we are living in the Top 5 Best Living Country in the World!!

BTW, ThyssenKrupp is a world`s premier elevator manufacturer company, not a country.... they can have their product parts from anywhere in the world...

UT could be a place for any advertiser, they're doing business in reality... I don't see there is anything wrong with that!

Indeed Canada have a very clear and restricted protocol needs to be followed especially any safety issues to life that is not this easy to get away with.... Please remember that we are living in the Top 5 Best Living Country in the World!!

BTW, ThyssenKrupp is a world`s premier elevator manufacturer company, not a country.... they can have their product parts from anywhere in the world...

Found the developer/investor :rolleyes:

Can't believe what I'm reading in here. Most developers are crap and cut corners and deliver the bare minimum that they're allowed to. Concord has so many lawsuits and massive problems in many of their towers. They are a cheap developer that has poor quality control and builds specifically for landlords. Many realtors that I've spoken to don't even show units there. Why do you think?. I just think it's hilarious to see all of these people rush in to defend this developer. Look at Park Place in North York. Another mess. They don't even try.

Concord has so many lawsuits and massive problems in many of their towers.

Those 'so many lawsuits' (really, just 1) have been settled for years now. There are no ongoing lawsuits.

The reason why so many agents don't show units in CityPlace is because they fall for the same crap that you do. I made my agent show me a unit in CityPlace, even after telling him originally not to bother with anything there. What I found was a unit that was decent quality compared to other buildings I had seen in the city, much more space, better amenities, an extremely functional layout and a great price.

I sold it several years later for a decent profit, and haven't ever regretted that purchase decision. In fact, I am considering purchasing there again. There were no problems at all in my building, or most of the buildings. A few of the earlier ones had some major issues, but those have been worked out.

This is coming from someone who has lived at The Met, Quantum, and many other units throughout the city. The finishes were no worse or better than anywhere else I have lived to date. The only thing I missed from Quantum was the property management, and that has nothing to do with the developer.

Last edited:
The dog run on the roof is a nice touch

Back