Toronto Concord Canada House | 231.97m | 74s | Concord Adex | Arcadis

Given that this is Concord, are the final storey counts real, or are they designed for the superstitious?
Haha fair, but these should be counted as built storeys rather than numbered interior wise. Construction drawings don't skip floor numbers, though mezz and mechanical floors can mess things up sometimes.

I’m guessing those lips are where the LED lights are hiding.
7989F5A9-06EF-4B38-A7EE-68DBE634BDFB.jpeg

It would be preferable.

The current aesthetic has gone on for so long that I suspect we now have an entire generation that think grey, blue, green glass for miles is the only option for a modern building. I try to take solace in the fact that Toronto is prospering but things are dire when one longs for a re-clad on 180 of the last 200 high rises that have been gone up.

I can't think of any era in architecture that comes close to how dreadful 1990-2023 has been..... and with no end in sight. Buildings like Canada House are utterly soul destroying then we have another 20 right next to it just as wretched. Neon pink? At this point, I think I'd prefer it too.

Last edited:
The current aesthetic has gone on for so long that I suspect we now have an entire generation that think grey, blue, green glass for miles is the only option for a modern building. I try to take solace in the fact that Toronto is prospering but things are dire when one longs for a re-clad on 180 of the last 200 high rises that have been gone up.

I can't think of any era in architecture that comes close to how dreadful 1990-2023 has been..... and with no end in sight. Buildings like Canada House are utterly soul destroying then we have another 20 right next to it just as wretched. Neon pink? At this point, I think I'd prefer it too.

What colours are you hoping for? I mean there's only so many options. I agree that the site of all the green and blue glass rectangles are an absolute eye sore and hideous looking, but nothing wrong with any of the dark colours. They're buildings not pastel paintings.

Back