Toronto Concord Canada House | 231.97m | 74s | Concord Adex | Arcadis

I don't know about drama, but these finale towers are a fitting end to a mediocre project.

They really should stop the Canada branding given how mediocre it is, not to mention the question - just what's so (uniquely) Canadian about the project? Nothing - it's like ripping off a very tangible and meaningful name and slapping it on cheap condos.

AoD

standard Concord Adex formula:
Token or gimmicky flourishes on an otherwise boring sterile glass and spandrel tower.

It will be funny to see a poutine restaurant or maple syrup shop in their renderings to play up the Canadian stereotype.
Though Americans are very patriotic, you don't see buildings there with stars and stripes on it. That's too pompous.

standard Concord Adex formula:
Token or gimmicky flourishes on an otherwise boring sterile glass and spandrel tower.

It will be funny to see a poutine restaurant or maple syrup shop in their renderings to play up the Canadian stereotype.
Though Americans are very patriotic, you don't see buildings there with stars and stripes on it. That's too pompous.

They're not plastering these towers in maple leafs, either. I find the name to be pretentious and the architecture to be subpar, but the towers have an exuberant design with the colourful flourishes. The big balconies also look like a desirable feature.

Spotted some high-quality renderings on BBH that aren't in the DB.

2017_06_21_09_59_30_cch_views2.jpg

2017_06_21_09_59_27_cch_reflective_pond.jpg

2017_06_21_09_59_27_cch_rendering.jpg

2017_06_21_09_59_26_cch_drive_court.jpg

2017_06_21_09_59_30_cch_skylounge.jpg

2017_06_21_09_59_27_cch_skygym.jpg

2017_06_21_09_59_27_cch_pool.jpg

That penthouse space is going to spectacular to be in, IMO.

That being said, I do hope they manage to not make the window fenestration as light as possible.

That penthouse space is going to spectacular to be in, IMO.

That being said, I do hope they manage to not make the window fenestration as light as possible.

It's not a penthouse. It's the amenity space. A gym in one tower, and party room/lounge in the other.

It's not a penthouse. It's the amenity space. A gym in one tower, and party room/lounge in the other.

I was referring to those spaces as penthouses from their position at the top of the building, not their use. I guess a better term would have been top floor amenity?

Back