Toronto Concord Canada House | 231.97m | 74s | Concord Adex | Arcadis

Capture.JPG

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 366
For those not on the Insta...

upload_2017-5-10_15-30-33.png

I'd probably make it so small you can't really see anything, too, if my building looked like that.

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-10_15-30-33.png
    upload_2017-5-10_15-30-33.png
    250.9 KB · Views: 345
From the same insta - "concordcityplace Iconic Timeless Canadian - Concord Canada House ."

I am a little uncertain how it is "iconic and timeless" - Canadian it maybe, given the city of glass output of Concord in YVR and YYZ. Perhaps Mundane MTBF 10 years Canadian is maybe more appropriate.

AoD

Some interesting features for the balconies here, from an agent on the CityPlace Toronto Facebook Group:

Oversized balconies for all units
Wood feature on ceiling and wood flooring
Heated balconies

Typical Concord shite. It'll be 69 storeys of Spandrel with some cheesy accent like miscoloured panes and a maple leaf to try and convince people it's not a total POS. Look at all the City Place projects post 2006, are we seriously going to give Concord the benefit of the doubt?

/endrant

Last edited:
Are they going to light up the maple leaves? Or is it just a marketing sleight-of-hand?

Last edited:
You would think that something of that size, at that prominent location near the harbour, would deserve a great design but this is Toronto and sadly, few people seem to care. I find it quite frustrating, as I believe this should not be tolerated in a sophisticated city! Our politicians talk about Toronto being a creative city but when it comes to architecture and urban design, where is that creativity? They allow the most vile piles of glass/spandrel to go up everywhere!

Back