Toronto Concord Canada House | 231.97m | 74s | Concord Adex | Arcadis

Fine, as long as there is a lot of RETAIL usage at base ! I believe that is the plan ?

That's really rather underwhelming from a height perspective - especially considering the building was in the running as the tallest residential tower earlier. 60 is now pretty much the new normal.

AoD

That's a fairly modest height in this city right now. Considering it the grand finale of Cityplace I was expecting something more lofty. 60 storeys may not take it over 200M and might not crack the top 15 tallest in TO at the time of completion. I'm curious to see the final design, perhaps they'll do something out of the ordinary here.

Twin 60-storey towers could allow for an interesting design, so hopefully this doesn't just end up looking like another piece of southcore. Another, higher skybridge would be amazing, for example.

Build this.

petronas-towers1.jpg

Each new building at Cityplace gets better and better and I hope Concord produces a show stopper for their grand finale.
A 70+ storey building would be spectacular, but it may be not financially feasible or maybe more difficult to approve for that site.
A twin 60 storey building could be interesting -- maybe the top few floors could be joined, like a giant arch.

10 stories of commercial doesn't neccessarily mean retail. It could be office space for the upper levels. Last week The Grid had an interesting article about the new financial district emerging south of Front Street. It's a great idea where people could live and work in the same area, or even the same building.

Concord should hire an international architect to design this one. I would love to see something really innovative and different.
We'll see what happens, hopefully soon.

Last edited:
10 storeys of commercial according to the Councillor Vaughan.

I wonder how Concord (and whichever architect they decide to use) will choose to arrange such a massive glut of retail. Reading this, I keep wondering how Spadina-south-of-Front can support the equivalent of a 10 Dundas East without the location (not that that hideous monstrosity has become the cash cow its backers thought it would).

I wonder how Concord (and whichever architect they decide to use) will choose to arrange such a massive glut of retail. Reading this, I keep wondering how Spadina-south-of-Front can support the equivalent of a 10 Dundas East without the location (not that that hideous monstrosity has become the cash cow its backers thought it would).

Simple ... it's not 10 floors of retail ... its 10 floors of commercial space i.e. offices.
Maybe there will be retail at grade.

That's my guess at least.

Back