Toronto Concord Canada House | 231.97m | 74s | Concord Adex | Arcadis

Agreed, I said 1,100 feet(with spire),(post 232)................ you dont want to out shine an icon.......... But with all thats gone on 900 feet plus a spire should be reasonable.

Last edited:
Something along the lines of the Eureka tower in Melbourne would be be good for the CP 'campus'. I don't think that a tower that is just 50 metres or so higher is going to make much of a finishing statement for this extensive project.

No thanks. Eureka Tower is one of the tackiest skyscrapers to go up in the past decade and we already have a tower with similar massing under construction.

Eureka's fine, (like the gold glass), Q1 is better, and fits within the look of city place better, how about park tower in Chicago??? It would really stand out from all the glass, but i like it.

I guess everyone is asking this but when is Signature scheduled to start, at a high level. Surely they are getting close to that point now. Or perhaps they have missed the boat now.

It's unlikely it will be any time soon. Maybe within the next decade. They still need their presentation centre to sell more buildings on 2 more parcels of land they bought south west of Parade. Building another presentation centre on Bathurst and Queens Quay is unlikely. Location is not as good as their current one and it would cost money. The longer they hold the land at their current presentation centre location, the higher the price they can the building for. All signs point to "no" unless they don't care about money.

Fair enough but the presentation centre cost would be small in comparison with the opportunity cost of NOT building the landmark tower for the development. I would guess market conditions would drive the timing of this tower rather than the costs of a temporary sales centre.

Next decade..10 years..no way, I predict that there will be a condo tower on that sales centre site by 2015.

I'm with you Automation Gallery, ...again we're building vertical suburbs here, and that kind of growth is fairly sustainable, ........as opposed to high end Condos or office space. As long as people keep moving into Toronto area, which Ive seen predicted as being the case, this project should be a go.
The developers reputation will be made or broken in a lot of ways, by the legacy of City Place, and a positive high note, with a landmark tower, that is lauded by all (Most anyway) would be the smartest end game for them. The right tower here will change a lot of general views toward the entire neighborhood. It would seem to make good business sense to go tall, and memorable!!
An exclamation point if you will.!!! :cool:

Such a GREAT idea, Instead of turning fields into subdivisions, to build forty homes....we build one tower with twice that, in a rail yard or parking lot........Never happen in America, on this scale.

Last edited:
The developers reputation will be made or broken in a lot of ways, by the legacy of City Place, and a positive high note, with a landmark tower,.

Umm... If signature is a high note and being sold next year. What about the 2 parcel of lands left at city place? sub notes? encore?

Truthfully speaking I wouldn't trust what a sales person says unless it's coming from the head honcho himself. I was told by a sales person at the Concord presentation centre back in 2003 that they were going to be selling the signature condo and even showed me brochures and stuff for it. Fast forward to 2010. It's still a presentation centre.

Last edited:
I'm with you Automation Gallery, ...again we're building vertical suburbs here, and that kind of growth is fairly sustainable, ........as opposed to high end Condos or office space. As long as people keep moving into Toronto area, which Ive seen predicted as being the case, this project should be a go.
The developers reputation will be made or broken in a lot of ways, by the legacy of City Place, and a positive high note, with a landmark tower, that is lauded by all (Most anyway) would be the smartest end game for them. The right tower here will change a lot of general views toward the entire neighborhood. It would seem to make good business sense to go tall, and memorable!!
An exclamation point if you will.!!! :cool:

Such a GREAT idea, Instead of turning fields into subdivisions, to build forty homes....we build one tower with twice that, in a rail yard or parking lot........Never happen in America, on this scale.

It'll be some tower to rescue City Place.

Back