Toronto CN Tower: Entry Pavilion, Plaza, Renos | ?m | ?s | CLC | Arcadis

I always thought it had a sort of streamline moderne style with those crisp bands. With the edgewalk clutter on top and now the removal of the lower band it's looking a little clunkier.
I don't know I kind of like the new panes of glass they will probably improve the view from inside the tower as well, especially for young kids who may have had harder time seeing out of them. I would guess the first couple of sections are probably a pilot project and work will begin on the other sections once the busy summer season is finished so they aren't blocking the view for everyone.

Guys, I hate to tell you but it looks like this is it. They've taken down the construction equipment and protection. It looks like they've just added a few floor to ceiling cutouts around the pod.

View attachment 112097

Anybody been inside? Does it look like they're done?

You got to be kidding me - so instead of a smooth band, they they are going to leave it chewed up like that?

AoD

This is hard to look at!

I always thought it had a sort of streamline moderne style with those crisp bands. With the edgewalk clutter on top and now the removal of the lower band it's looking a little clunkier.

Are they not replacing the glass around the whole tower?

They won't answer my question on Twitter. Might need the power of UrbanToronto to get some answers. Can we contact them through official channels and get a story written on this @Edward Skira?

Where does this surprise come from? On page 57 of this thread I was pretty clear that two 12-metre-long sections were being done, that's it. I was also clear that this never went to Planning and therefore not Urban Design for comment, only the Building Department, because City rules for reskinning of existing buildings are so lax as to be architecturally useless.

Where does this surprise come from? On page 57 of this thread I was pretty clear that two 12-metre-long sections were being done, that's it. I was also clear that this never went to Planning and therefore not Urban Design for comment, only the Building Department, because City rules for reskinning of existing buildings are so lax as to be architecturally useless.

It's hard to keep up with Toronto's many projects, let alone their UT threads. I think users are (justifiably) surprised at the awful choices made here and the blatant disrespect to the original design. It's also surprising that our reclad rules are so lax -- and I doubt I'm alone in being thankful to you/UT for pushing to get these rules tightened, before Simpson Tower-esque reclads become the new norm!

Looks amazing! http://www.blogto.com/city/2017/06/panoramic-lookout-unveiled-cn-tower-toronto/

2017626-cn-tower-edge.jpg-resize-_opacity_100-frame_bg_color_FFF-h_2500-gravity_center-q_70-preserve_ratio_true-w_1400_.jpg

It's true. :mad:
Wjil5H3.jpg

We need to give them hell. Call your councillor. Tweet to your followers. Find out who's responsible for allowing our city icon to be defaced like this and then demand that they fix what they broke.

Back