Oakville ClockWork Phase 2 at Upper Joshua Creek | ?m | 12s | Mattamy Homes | BNKC

So CTV News wrote an article about this project: apparently when you move into new development neighbourhood, you can hear the sound of said development still under construction. 🚧 Who would have thought?!

"But he questions whether he would be able to sell or rent his home to anyone else given the state of the area and the construction which starts early each morning and goes on until the evening."

Am I supposed to feel sorry about this?

AoD

"But he questions whether he would be able to sell or rent his home to anyone else given the state of the area and the construction which starts early each morning soand goes on until the evening."

Am I supposed to feel sorry about this?

AoD

What makes it even worse is that one person was offered $10,000 to allow his front yard to be used by construction crews to speed the project up, and he still refused. I’m not saying you can’t negotiate, but come on.

When I was a kid my family was one of the first to move into a new development and our neighbourhood was a giant construction site for several years (4-5) afterwards. Yes there was sound and dust and mud and I had to walk through it all to a bus stop to get to school- but we dealt with it because it was a new neighbourhood! And the arguments about not being able to sell one‘s brand new property in a market such as the GTA due to a condition (construction) which is temporary is complete bullsheet. Do these people want to be compensated for the Canadian winter, too?

Back