Toronto Cliffside Condos | 31.85m | 10s | LCH | RAW Design

It does not look like this one is under construction quite yet. Also I think the website was meant as cliffsidecondos.ca
20230505_170450.jpg

A new rendering with a bit of a story. When working through the SPA process with the City, they were looking to have a mid-block connection between Kingston Road and Sandown lane on the east side of our property. Initially we showed a 3m walkway with a cantilevered bump-out overhanging the space. The city wasn't a fan of this approach and wanted a full 4.5m setback across the whole east elevation - drastically reducing the GFA. As a solution, we proposed an 8m wide, 7m tall cavern space adjacent a double height restaurant patio, and kept a 0 lot line condition on the east façade from levels 3-7. The east façade will have a 4-storey mural that continues down onto the soffit of the restaurant space.

If interested, more info will be available through emails from www.cliffsidecondos.ca

Cliffside-RestaurantCorner-Final - Reduced size.jpg

Last edited:
A new rendering with a bit of a story. When working through the SPA process with the City, they were looking to have a mid-block connection between Kingston Road and Sandown lane on the east side of our property. Initially we showed a 3m walkway with a cantilevered bump-out overhanging the space. The city wasn't a fan of this approach and wanted a full 4.5m setback across the whole east elevation - drastically reducing the GFA. As a solution, we proposed an 8m wide, 7m tall cavern space adjacent a double height restaurant patio, and kept a 0 lot line condition on the east façade from levels 3-7. The east façade will have a 4-storey mural that continues down onto the soffit of the restaurant space.

View attachment 501668

I want to take a moment here to thank @RyanD for his great transparency here, and his engagement w/the forum and all of us.

It's really great to be able to enjoy a higher level of insight, in closer to real-time as a proposal evolves. The effort is indeed appreciated.

I think this one has continuously evolved for the better.

I don't know if Ryan is able to comment on @DavidCapizzano 's suggestion vis a vis brick above, but I would certainly be interested to hear the current thinking on the cladding.

Always happy to engage and de-mystify the development process and I appreciate the compliments (and criticisims) on any LCH project. I am certainly taking the feedback on UT into account as best as possible, but I can't really speak to much more about the cladding until all details are finalized.

Other than Pell St and Delano the area is amazing. I grew up here for 24 years and wish I could’ve stayed but homes were to expensive to buy at the time (7 years ago…..they’ve almost doubled again since then). I still visit the area and it’s nice to see Kingston Rd finally changing

Back