Toronto Clear Spirit | 131.36m | 40s | Cityscape | a—A

No.

When Pure Spirit was announced it was the only tower being talked about at The Distillery.

When Clear Spirit was announced they were talking about 2 additional towers on the site, and I think for over a year we were led to believe they would be known as Clear Spirit 1 and 2 when suddenly that second Clear Spirit building was branded the Gooderham.

Ed's post, #905 of this thread (on page 61 if you go with the 15 post per page default), tries to clear up similar confusion about the location of the towers planned for this site. It seems that the rebranding of Clear Spirit 2 as Gooderham has further compounded the confusion.

Gooderham was never part of the same development was it? It seemed a seperate project completely from these two.
These two seemed like they were marked as tower 1 and tower 2. A pair.

All three towers are really part of the same development, as is the "ribbon building' which is a low-rise office/retail building that will run just north of the rail tracks from where one of the new highrises ends (OK, I forget which one it is!) to just west of where Balzac's is. There was a planning application advert in the Star in the last week at which all three of these new parts of this development will be discussed.

My five cents worth would be to put ALL these buildings into one thread. "Distillery District Buildings"?

^they simply don't have the space for townhouses and/or loft buildings once the rackhouse M towers and ribbon building are completed.

You’ve got to be joking, the GTA doesn't have nearly enough rail corridors for a a metropolitan area of nearly 6 million people.

That's your perspective. Those living "on the other side" may disagree. Get it?

Landscaping at Pure Spirit almost done. Work continues on the Mill Street side and should be done this week.

Attachments

• IMG_1285.jpg
    IMG_1285.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_1287.jpg
    IMG_1287.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 372
Sadly, you could equally apply that statement to almost any main street in the city. And instead of gradual burial, in many places the ghastly, rotting wooden poles are being replaced with...fresh wooden poles.

But I have to say, this building looks super sharp. Another winner from aA.

Well, when it comes to the Distillery District, wooden poles might actually compliment the old-school brewing-plant atmosphere...

Back