Toronto CityPlace Puente de Luz Bridge | ?m | ?s | Concord Adex | Francisco Gazitua

The lighting is for Nuit Blanche. There'll be music too. Come one come all!

Is that snow on the picture?

Is there anyway we can petition the city to keep the lights? They are afterall already installed.

Crappy iPhone video showing some testing tonight on the bridge lighting - looks like it is going to be pretty cool up close tomorrow.

[video=youtube_share;Xw0qtb9ChvE]http://youtu.be/Xw0qtb9ChvE[/video]

The lights do look quite good. Perhaps CityPlace should purchase this as their next piece of artwork.

They should make the lighting permanent, as that bridge needs all the help it can get. I hate that caged in feeling I get when crossing this wired beast.

If you think this photo looks too good to be true, that is because it is:

attachment.php

Some impressive photoshop work, but the snow was the giveaway that this is an artists interpretation.

This is the original by Ben Roffelsen on Flickr, taken in January

The Bridge by Ben Roffelsen, on Flickr

Tonight we will have to see it in person!

They should make the lighting permanent, as that bridge needs all the help it can get. I hate that caged in feeling I get when crossing this wired beast.

Let's be honest, knowing Metrolinx, they'd probably complain that the lighting distracts train conductors or screws with the track signals.

I want to post a pic from last night, but don't know how to post pix from mobile phone.

Back