Toronto CityPlace Puente de Luz Bridge | ?m | ?s | Concord Adex | Francisco Gazitua

Looking at the bridge today from the Bathurst St. bridge, it seems that there's a lot of construction equipment around the south side ramp. I expect that construction activity is what's keeping it from being opened.

Looking at the bridge today from the Bathurst St. bridge, it seems that there's a lot of construction equipment around the south side ramp. I expect that construction activity is what's keeping it from being opened.

And the fact that there is still work to be done on the bridge itself. The barriers havn't been installed yet.

Its rather sadistic to make the length of the ramps leading up to the bridge within 5m of being equal to the the span of the bridge. complete utter fail. re-do. Or just add stairs. how many young adults are going to be jumping off the ramps to get home faster, I ask you? How many old people with walkers will forgo the venture entirely? Concord Adex is anti-humanity.
edit: anti-old people especially.

Last edited:
Calgary gets it. This is a bridge that makes me want to walk across:

It's not that Calgary 'get's it'....it's that Calatrava seems to be the only one on the planet capable of building beautiful bridges...

Considering how cold the wind chill gets in Calgary, im surprised the bridge isnt all glass covered

The big different between Calgary and Toronto in wind chill, its a dry chill. Went out many morning at -30 with my coat wide open to start the car or walk in the core and had no problem with it. Can't do that here even at -5.

Other than the plus 15 walkways, everything is open and see no reason for the glass.

The ramps at the ends of the bridge should go both way. How unpleasant to walk the long westward ramp if you want to go eastward.
Very badly designed, as if to inconvenience the users on purpose!

I can only imagine it's because the idea is that pedestrians going north on the bridge will want to continue onto Portland or use the sidewalk on the north side of Front, but just because there isn't a sidewalk on the south side doesn't mean there won't be one in the future. Seems like a lack of foresight.

Any updates on the project at the south end? It really appears that the bridge itself is done.

Any updates on the project at the south end? It really appears that the bridge itself is done.

Although the bridge looks finished (and has for months) they are apparently waiting for the linear park on the south side of the bridge to be finished before opening it up.

Although the bridge looks finished (and has for months) they are apparently waiting for the linear park on the south side of the bridge to be finished before opening it up.

Not necessarily... the bridge is actually not finished, and there is still work to be done before it can open.

This delay is ridiculous. There's just no will politically or on the part of the builder to get it opened. They could absolutely have it empty out on the south side onto a fenced-in sidewalk that would lead safely out of the construction area. And any work on the bridge itslef should have been complteted a year ago. I'm CityPlace's biggest supporter, but this is a joke.

That Calgary Calatrava bridge is stunning by comparison. On the wind-chill issue forget winter, try August nights! I was there a few summers ago and it feels like you need to where a parka in Calgary even on some summer evenings!

Back